“83 It Is!”
Review of Eighty3

Eighty3
Reserve with OpenTable
Eighty3 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 1,447 Restaurants in Memphis
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main Street
Transit: Memphis Trolley line - Main St and Madison
Description: At eighty3, we have a real passion for extraordinary taste, and good times. The vision, inspired by Chef Raymond Jackson, is about locally inspired cuisine with southern sensibilities and designed for sharing or traditional dining. Eighty3 is the place to meet, to toast, to create life experiences, and share imaginative plates. Passion food. Share amongst yourselves.
Springfield
“83 It Is!”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

First, I was offered tastings of the wine, then the gumbo soup, all of which was excellent. Then, Laura, the bartender and waitress and clearly head of the whole Bar, made suggestions, all of which I followed and loved! Butter lettuce with bleu cheese and tomatoes, shrimp and grits (outstanding), and flan for dessert, along with a wonderful Argentinian Chardonnay. A most outstanding meal and great experience.

Visited August 2013

Memphis, Tennessee
“YUM”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

eighty3 has so many delicious items on their menu. I went for the cornbread, bacon wrapped dates and buffalo deviled eggs. Delicious! Very cool place.

• Visited March 2013
hawaii
“Outstanding!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I came across Eighty3 during a am walk. I briefly stopped in to check out the restaurant and obtain a menu for possible later dining. I had the pleasure of speaking with Chantel who recommended several excellent dishes and provided a menu to review.

I returned later in the day with several friends for lunch. Chantel was our server. She was great with recommendations and answered any questions we had. I had the shrimp and grits ( this was my first time trying this combo) The "virgin grits" and shrimp were awesome. My friends ordered various dishes.
There was a woman sitting across from us who'd ordered the Mac & cheese waffle, I'm embarrassed to say we watched her reaction as she took several bites of the waffle. You would swear she was experiencing a culinary ORGASM on the spot!! Unfortunately, we interrupted her experience with our inquiries. She was able to eek out "delicious " & gave us a thumbs up!! Yes, we ordered the Mac & cheese waffle!! Enough said!!!!!!

Since we enjoyed lunch, we decided to try dinner the following evening, we invited additional friends to share this wonderful gem we had discovered.
Once again, we were not disappointed. We had the pleasure of meeting Executive Chef Shea. She was very warm and engaging, spending time with us and ensuring we felt welcome. She also prepared a dessert tray that consisted of Godiva chocolates (hand dipped), 4 layer (13 bananas) quadruple whipped banana cream pie, bread pudding and chocolate soufflé. This restaurant is definitely on my Top 5 list!

Upon my return to Memphis, I'll be sure to stop in for a bite or two!!!!

Tennessee
“Fabulous!!”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Not only were the drinks terrific and the food wonderful, we had great service from our server Hannah. She was hands down the most informed server I have ever had. And I travel a lot. She spoke about ingredients, suggested wines, and did a great sales job. This restaurant is associated with The Madison hotel. After an early dinner, head to the rooftop to have a cool one while watching the sunset over the mighty Mississippi. I might see you there because I will be back on my next trip to Memphis.

San Diego, California
“Simply Phenomenal”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I went this past Thursday ( July11th) and had a fantastic time along with my wife and three friends. Our server Paul was exceptional and we had the pleasure of meeting Executive Chef Shea. Executive Chef Shea was flawless as were her desserts and her engagement with our table. I had the bone in rib-eye with melted gorgonzola cheese on a 16oz steak (Amazing).
I travel six months a year and always look for a great place to have a steak. I keep a running list of the 10 best places to have a steak in the U.S. and Eighty3 is definitely on my list.

We had such a great time several of us went back for breakfast in the morning had an great breakfast and an outstanding server named Marci. The country fried rib-eye steak was so good it was insane. Looking forward to going back in a couple weeks when I return to Memphis.