“Really Liked the Ribs”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Neely's Bar-B-Que Restaurant - CLOSED

Neely's Bar-B-Que Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Television
Kansas City, Missouri
“Really Liked the Ribs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

I walked in - the restaurant was relatively empty. Ordered the Pork Ribs - they came out dry and they were great!!! The service was pretty good, and the fries were pretty good as well. I would definitely go back. Far better than Rendezvous.

Georgetown, Kentucky
“Horribe”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

All I heard before my trip to Memphis this past weekend was "you have to go to Neely. Great bar-b-que place".
Unless there is another franchise with pictures of you guys with Paula Dean displayed on the wall, Neely's has drastically slipped down the scale and all the way to the bottom. The only thing I can say was good was the service. Did not get her name but she had an A-symmetrical hairdo. She did the best she could for what she was working with.
First, me and my friends (seven of us) arrived between 5:30 pm and 6:00 pm (peak dinner time). The place was almost deserted. That should have been a sign for a place that has a TV show. You had a sign that stated "wait to be seated". So we did. Somebody came out and ask how many, we told them, we waited for about 5 minutes, then someone else decided to come out and ask us if we have been waited on. We said yes but she still told them we were waiting and we waited another 5 minutes or so. While waiting we looked in the case at the cookbooks on display and there was a dead bug. That should have been a sign also. As if that wasn't enough discouragement, the health department rating was a 96 (not the rating you would expect from a Food Network show).

Now we are being seated. I try not to judge a book by its cover because I was there for some good Memphis bar-b-que, not to critique the falling ceiling, unclean floors, etc.

Now it is time to order. The ONLY side dishes on the menu you had available (now mind you, it is peak dinner time) was barbeque spaghetti and bake beans (I thought it would be easier to state what you had vs what you did not have). Still thinking, I came for the bar-b-que, I accepted the spaghetti and the beans and ordered the rib tips. I also ordered an order of your famous buffalo wings but they didn’t have enough thawed for the three orders that we ordered so I just cancelled my order.
So now the food comes, the tips were so tuff that I took them home and put them in the crock pot over night to try to savage them to see if they really were good.
Last but not least, we decided that we would use the restroom before we leave. Need I say more, I am sure you all use it all the time?
It would have been nice to have tasted so good ole Memphis bar-b-que, since I did leave from Beale Street to come to your establishment, but I guess I will have to go to another restaurant when I come back to Memphis to have that experience.
With all the good reviews I received for you guys from friends and family, such a disappointment.

Memphis, Tennessee
“Worst restaurant I've visited in decades!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

The restaurant was dirty - floor in lobby sticky- Bathroom was filthy -something green in handicapped stall. The food was worst!! It was Saturday afternoon around 6 pm. We were notified they were out of french fries, side salads, slaw and several other common sides. The rolls were old and nasty. Rib tips were red and "raw". PLEASE TAKE YOUR MONEY AND THROW IT OUT THE WINDOW and save yourself some time. The only reason I ranked it 1 is because I couldn't give it a negative number.

#4

2 Thank FirstName L
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
“awful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

ribs i ordered were hard and burned. ordered from the neelys downtown. was awful. help was all joking with each other, and made me feel like i was not wanted in there.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank charliec125
louisville, kentucky
“Mediocre BBQ”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

Don't waste your time or money!
Restaurant needed updating. Bathrooms less than desirable!
I have tried recipes from the show - i suggest they use them in the family business... ribs had no flavor - potato salad was the best thing on my plate.

So disappointing. Waste of money