First of all, we do not go to Beale Street to get best food available in Memphis. I think a majority of people go to Beale Street for fun including listening to the music, street show and may be duck parade at nearby Peabody hotel. Still Beale street club/live music restaurants offer decent food on places I've tasted. Yes, food is a bit more expensive and quality is one notch below when compared to other famous bbq places like Corky, Central, or nearby Charles Vergos' Rendezvous.
There are five reasons you should check this place:
1) David Bowen is a very creative musician who can sing all famous songs of Elvis, Eric Clapton or anybody you name it. He also accompanies his great voice with a beautiful 8 strings guitar and after playing a few bars of looping bass line and rhythm, it feels like a whole band is playing. Could be the most romantic place in Beale St.
2) Food is more seafood heavy/louisiana style and so it is a kind of alternative after having too much bbq and pork in Memphis. Gumbo could be as good as you can get outside louisiana. Even sides such as steamed vegetables are quite good.
3) Warning: desert, especially their famous bread budding is really huge and rich.
4) Service is also quite efficient and food came out quick. It is more intimate and lesser tables placed compared to B.B. King. So I think waiters/waitresses can bring food more easily.
5) If you are not into a full meal, just get a few drinks at bar and you can still enjoy good music.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.