“Quiet”

Ranked #46 of 1,459 Restaurants in Memphis
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Kings Palace Café located at 162 Beale Street, has the old time Beale Street atmosphere of good food and good music. King Palace Café has a large dining room and a lazy outdoor patio, also the Jazz Room for live Blues and Memphis Music nightly. Open For Lunch And Dinner 7 days and nights a week. Kings Palace Café serves Cajun cuisine ranging from Shrimp & Crawfish Etouffee, Blackened Catfish, Voodoo Potatoes, and many more. They also have pasta dishes, such as Shrimp Velvet, which is large butterfly shrimp on a bed of linguini with a mildly spiced cheddar cheese sauce, and many more pasta choices. Don't forget the Meat! King's Palace Café has Memphis Style (hickory smoked) BBQ Ribs, and New York Strips, Bacon Wrapped Filets, and Salmon Steaks (which are lightly smoked and grilled to perfection).
Austin, Texas
“Quiet”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We ate here the first night we were in Memphis. We wanted seafood but not anything too heavy. After being on Beale Street for an hour or so, we wanted a quiet place to have a meal. We ordered catfish meal and a fish po boy. There was a guitarist performing which was nice but there was also a side door that opened up to another music venue so he was continuously interrupted by this noise. Apparently the public bathrooms were in this restaurant so that noise was constant. Of course the guy continued to play but it was annoying for us as we were on the end of the restaurant where the bathrooms were. The food was ok. I would have liked a little more seasoning and taste to my po boy but the fries were delicious and the customer service was good. We could have split a meal here as the portions were nice size.

Visited July 2013

• Korean first
Chicago, IL
“King's Palace - Typical Tourist Place, Good Music”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Dinner was okay, not too bad. Music was very good. Liked the catfish. Nice patio facing Beale Street to watch the passing scene. Admission charge after 8 p.m.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Paukey
Bucks, England
“Great Food and Friendly Service”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Unusually for us my family and I ate there twice (one lunch and one dinner) - we rarely go back to a place as there are always so many restaurants to discover, so this is a measure of how much we enjoyed it.

Visited June 2013
Madison, Wisconsin
“Great Ribs and Music!”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My mother and I were in Memphis on a road trip and on our last night there we stopped by Beale street for dinner and music. Kings Palace gave us both! I had a delicious barbecue park sandwich, my mother had the rack of dry rub ribs that were really, really good. I am not a rib fan by any means, but even I enjoyed these ribs. There were not a lot of local brews on tap, but the drinks we had were strong and good and the live music that came on after was terrific and really gave us the complete Beale street experience. I would recommend this place to anyone!

Visited June 2013
KS
“Good place on Beale St”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We spent an evening on Beale St and stopped at King's for appetizers and drinks. We ordered the sampler, fried green tomatoes and chicken strips-all very tasty. Service was excellent and we enjoyed some live music-that stopped at 11pm--too early in my opinion. Good place to go if traveling with kids.

• Visited June 2013

Been to King's Palace Cafe? Share your experiences!