“Usually love it here, but one rude server can ruin the experience”

Joe's Crab Shack - Horizon Center
Ranked #196 of 1,481 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Neighborhood: Walnut Grove - Shelby Farms PD
Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

Our family usually loves going to Joe's and sitting on the patio. The service is generally friendly, although a little slow for the price. Tonight, however, we had a very rude server. She sighed loudly and rolled her eyes when my husband took a moment to order his drink. Apparently ordering desserts and a final drink was the last straw. She brought the wrong desserts and drink. When I tried to get her attention, she stomped off. I followed her inside and was told that was what she rang up and that I needed to make sure my kids would not eat the desserts before I asked her about them! That was difficult, since she didn't bring them silverware either. Another server took pity on us snd brought spoons. I had to physically bring her the drink, asking for a replacement. She just took it and said she would take it off. Apparently replacing it was too much trouble? Very disappointing.

1  Thank momof2muses

Reviewed June 9, 2014

Came here for lunch w/ my family, it was approx 20 of us. Our waiter, was a young man, his name was either Tyler or Taylor. Hate I cant remember, but he definitely is a great asset to the company. Not only was our food great, but on a Saturday afternoon, we were served surprisingly quick. Of course large groups sometimes may be a lil rough, but he never broke a sweat. He was familiar with the menu and offered suggestions to those in the group who had never been. He even flattered my 60+ year old aunt by asking for her ID when she ordered a delicious margarita. Service, food, and drinks were so good we came back the next night before we left town.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

Average food, nothing to be excited about. Slow service, but I guess that's the south. 4 waitresses, 4 tables and they told us a 15 minute wait--place was practically empty. I used to waitress so it's not like I don't get it. Took over an hour for our food. Great park outside for kids. That was the best part!

Reviewed April 13, 2014

Almost a two hour wait. The other customers were loud and rude.They must feel that they have the right to be rude because they live on the east side.Or they were just born a_holes.It was better when it was down town.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

This Joes was typical nothing special. It's loud in there and crowded, the food is like every other Joes. It's fine and the kids like it! If you don't mind the noise level, and love seafood you should enjoy eating here.