“The Food's Great”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Cooper Young Community Association
“The Food's Great”
Reviewed January 12, 2012

The atmosphere is a little cramped, though. It's a good place to get take-out. Friendly service.

Visited March 2011

“Perfect!”
Reviewed October 18, 2011

This is my absolute favorite place to dine in Memphis! While the prices have gone up just a bit, it is still totally worth it. The food is pretty authentic and, I think, it's even better than the food I ate while I was in Thailand. The owner is super sweet and has welcomed me in for the past 5 years. It is a small facility but it's great for date night or a evening out with a few of you're friends! :)

1 Thank cfugisthug
Memphis, TN
“rude/unprofessional, bad food”
Reviewed May 16, 2010

Service:
It took 1.5-2 hours for the owner/server to take our orders. When she finally did, she gave a 2 minute lecture on how our large party (of 20) did not order any appetizers, is "taking up space when the economy is rough", and that she will be charging us 20% tip on each ticket. Unbelievable. We wouldn't have been able to order appetizers even if we wanted to because it took 2 hours for her to finally get to us!! We were STARVING. Our reservation was at 7, we ordered around 8:45, and left the restaurant around 10:30.

The lady repeated this lecture to us too many times for me to even remember.. and kept telling us to understand her situation.

None of us understood because we were hungry and willing to pay for food. Usually restaurants would like paying customers, or so I thought. With our 20 guest table, we brought in maybe $400 worth.

Food:
When the food finally came, there were some dishes that were decent (maybe because we started eating around 9:00 PM) but my own was disgusting. Too sweet and lacked a true, authentic Thai flavor.

Overall:
My experience here was horrible, I felt like I was being punished for bringing her business. I think that was the worst dining experience I have ever had in my life. A restaurant that has bad service AND bad food is not something that I would like to return to.

Jasmine deserves 0/5 stars.

1 Thank jmc812
Memphis, Tennessee
“Needs to be closed down!”
Reviewed April 17, 2010

This place is disgusting! I've been forced to eat here 3 times and each time was worse than the other! I found maggots in my meal (orange chicken) and the food smelled like it was placed in the sun for 6 days and reheated then served to me. I even saw the owner scoop out rice from other plates that were eaten out of and placed back into another bowel to be re-served to other customers. There are also major roach problems! The owners and their adult children are rude and they enjoy to harass PAYING customers. If you return food , they get upset and cuss you out. They also serve small portions for a high price! They also beg/harass you for tips and if you give them 15-20% tip, they cuss you out and become very rude. This place doesn't even serve real Thai and cook all vegetarian meals in animal fat! Don't go here!

4 Thank Doc2456
Memphis, Tennessee
“Memphis Favorite for an Asian Meal”
Reviewed April 29, 2009

Jasmine is our family's favorite place for an Asian Meal, they serve more than just Thai.
The service has always been very good and attentive- the owner is very friendly and always makes you feel very welcome.
A very warm and cozy place.
We love the fresh summer rolls, spring rolls and curry dishes.

2 Thank aandesmom92