“Good food and drink”

Ranked #101 of 1,476 Restaurants in Memphis
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We went to the Half Shell while on a weekend getaway to Memphis. We had never been there before and were pleased with our experience. The food and drinks were good. The service seemed fine. Unique decor inside. It didn't have that chain restaurant feel. Good place to go for a meal or just drinks with friends. The kitchen is open until 3 AM which was an added bonus since we got in late. I didn't have any seafood, but there was a nice variety on the menu. We liked the food we ordered and the prices didn't seem too expensive.

There are newer reviews for Half Shell

Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

While in Memphis I met up with a friend from College here. The food was amazing. I had the voodoo catfish. I usually like my catfish fried. The way they prepared, seasoned and plated this entree was excellent.

If your looking for good food and fun this is the place! It stays open until 3 on the weekend which is a plus for late night hunger.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

This place is as good as it gets! I am so picky when it comes to eating out...probably because I'm a good cook. I used to think that the Crab Bisque at Connor's was my favorite, but his place has it beat by a mile. I would have been happy with just that as my entree, but Hubby wanted to share several things. We are also crab cake snobs (Hudson's in Hilton Head & anyplace at the Outer Banks, NC). Now, Half Shell's also are in the running. We shared the baked oysters, but were too full by that time. We told our waitress to bring the food as it was ready, and in no particular order. Oh, cannot forget the spinach...seasoned slightly different than I have ever had, and totally delicious. The prices are right, as this was a fairly casual place. We liked the rustic decor, and out server was friendly and professional.

Hubby said it was the best meal he EVER has. Was I offended? Heck no, I must agree. There was a security man roaming the parking lot, but this should be standard for any place in Memphis.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We LOVE coming to the the Half Shell! The fried shrimp is the best we've ever had. I always get the rueben because it is amazing! We LOVE the seasoning on the table. We come to Memphis every year and we NEVER miss coming here!!

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Had another great experience at Half Shell. Went with family this time. Everything was very good, luv it that they have what your looking for AND some nice surprises! Like the Catfish Pauline. It's one of the very few places in Memphis to get good seafood, and the steak is really good too! As well as the sandwiches. You've got to try the lobster-shrimp bruschetta!

If I had to say what's the weakest thing about Half Shell, I would say the desserts are good but not great. Although, we rarely have room for dessert anyway!