“Relaxing Southern Hospitality”

Gridley's BBQ - Stage Rd
Ranked #834 of 1,498 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed January 8, 2011

Take my kids and friends in on a regular basis for the variety on the menu. Everybody can find something they like. Surprisingly enough, good BBQ chicken is a little hard to find in Memphis, but I can always count on Gridleys to satisfy my cravings. A long tradition of good food and service at reasonable prices.

Reviewed August 18, 2010

My wife and I eat at Gridley's on Stage Road often. We like both the food, its variety, and the prices. In addition to the pork itself, we love their beans, and even the fries and onion rings are outstanding. We always
leave our plates clean. They have a dozen main courses on the
wide menu, and are always trying new things. We highly recommend them for lunch or dinner. They are closed on Tuesdays, however.

Reviewed July 30, 2010

Jul 31, 2010

Party of six, ordered ribs & pork combo w/ beans & cole slaw, ribs and shrimp combo w/ fries, regular order of ribs w/ fries & coleslaw, pulled pork sandwich, pulled pork salad, and barbecue nachos. ribs were cold and tasted old, coleslaw was really foul tasting, pulled pork was not too bad but sauces were not good, shrimp was way overcooked and was served with a tub of barbecue flavored butter ( I think). All said, the meal was really bad. Don't waste your money.

2  Thank JimmyLeeTexas
Reviewed March 4, 2010

when i was a young man,,i took my grandma and grandfather to gridleys bbq in memphis..memphis is my home town and when i would come to visit ,,grandma always asked if we could go to gridleys cause my grandpa loved it....i have a ton of great memories of eating ribs and those great baked beans with my grandparents..now im on verge myself of becoming a senior, and yet,,i still remember many times in the late 70s or early 80s the taste and sounds of a good bbq dinner with family...ty

Reviewed September 8, 2009

I have been eating Gridley's for years. I think the food is great. I hate to see there are other people who do not feel the same way. As far as comments being made on the food, I just don't think they know what they are talking about. I eat there time to time and nothing has changed. The sauce is the same, the ribs are still tender and falling off the bone, and the bread is always hot and fresh. When I see or hear the comments about Gridley's not being the same as they were back in the day, I just shake my head. I personally know that the food is made the same way because the shop on stage is part of the orignal Gridley's. They would not call it Gridley's if wasn't true Gridley food. And they must not be doing to bad either if they are still in business in this crazy economic time. Everybody has an opinion, just some are louder and more ignorant than others.

2  Thank NovemberLynn

Been to Gridley's BBQ - Stage Rd? Share your experiences!