“Best Dinner Ever!”

Folk's Folly Prime Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Folk's Folly Prime Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 1,445 Restaurants in Memphis
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Mem
“Best Dinner Ever!”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

My husband and I had dinner at Folk's Folly to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. When we arrived at the restaurant, the hostess greeted us and wished us a happy anniversary. We were then taken to a private room, dimly lit with balloons. The wait staff was extremely attentive and friendly. I had Filet Mignon, butterfly cut, my husband had a ribeye. We shared spinach and au gratin potatoes...the sides are enough for sharing. The food came to the table piping hot, perfectly seasoned and delicious! I have waited to write this review because I have been to some other specialty steakhouses since going to Folk's Folly, but none compare to the service or the taste of the food. The cost was over the top, but for special occasions, it's worth it. Make a reservation for your special dinner, I hope you will not regret it!

• Visited May 2013

Swansea, Illinois
“Wow! Excellent food and service. Atmosphere was wonderful as well.”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Visited Folk's as part of a business meeting with some long time business friends. Started the evening with drinks in the piano bar, including fried pickle appetizers. Then moved to the dining area where the service and food both exceeded my expectations. I selected a menu item, then the server recommended an "off the menu special" similar but a slight variation on my original selection. It was wonderful and added to the experience. Cant' say enough about this place... might have been influenced by the company, but quite good.

• Visited July 2013
Houston, Texas
“Excellent food/rest but bring your wallet!!!”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

One of the best surf and turf I had in a while the waitress told me the shrimps were big on the appetizers, she didn't lie, I was almost full after the 5 jumbo shrimp. The surf & turf I changed the lamb chops instead of steak, I had two sets of lamb chops they were pretty big and very tasty. The lobster was a whole other monster, I have never seen a lobster tail that big; it was bigger than my hand I needed a knife to cut it in pieces I was shocked and it tasted great. In addition to the food the service was outstanding there was an on call drink man who didn't let my coke go past half, and another man who removed crumbs after my appetizer/ and main course entree's. We also got a complimentary cake for our anniversary. This was one of the best and most fulfilling dinners I ever had and the service was great. The place had a very nice and romantic setting excellent for a special occasion or date. Even though my bill was almost 200 for my wife' s food/wine and my mega lobster/lamb chops I will definitely be returning soon, I never had a more satisfying meal. A great way to end my anniversary!

• Visited June 2013
Atlanta, GA
“One of the Best in the World.”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I love this place! Favorite appetizer - Fried Dill Pickles, Favorite Soup - Folks French Onion, Favorite Steak - Folks Filet and Favorite Dessert - Five Nut Brownie with Haggen Daz on top. I will travel to over 30 countries this year and eat out almost every night. Trust me when I tell you that if you live anywhere near memphis and you don't already take advantage you should. If your a business traveler and your in Memphis give it a try. I'm serious about the favorites and I mean in the world! All four in one place. My favorite salad, Chef's Salad, at the original Hard Rock Cafe in London but that menu's long gone and the food at HRC is not good anymore but that's another review.

• Visited February 2013
Olympia, Washington
“A cut above.”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Service - A
Food - A
Atmosphere - A
Parking - A

What's not to like about this place.

Definitely put this on your to visit in Memphis list.

• Visited June 2013