“Outstanding filet!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Folk's Folly Prime Steakhouse

Folk's Folly Prime Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Folk's Folly Prime Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 1,429 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Long Island, NY
“Outstanding filet!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

We wanted to get away from the local BBQ and tourist traps downtown and went to Folk's. Her father lived in Memphis and recommended it to us. The food and service were excellent, and the Filet was outstanding.

We would def go back and eat there and highly recommend it.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank SalMTravels

Memphis, Tennessee
“Best steaks in Memphis, 100%”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

I'm a huge steak fan, and this is definitely THE best steak in Memphis. I've been there many times and the steaks are ALWAYS great. I take friends there on special occassions, and they all love it as well.
Also excellent are the potatoes and other sides (shoestring fries are fantastic).
[I have to admit I didn't like the Crab Cake appetizer, but the fried pickles are suprisingly good.]
They have a nice wine selection as well, if you like that.
The ONLY bad thing about FF is the parking. They have valet parking, which I don't use, and it can be a pain to park. Often I end up parking in the Kroger lot across the street.

Yes, the price is higher than Outback, but that's because of the much higher quality at FF.
My philosophy is: just ACCEPT GOING IN that you will spend ~$75 per person w/o alcohol, ~$100 per person with alcohol. Then just relax and enjoy and a SUPERB steak!!

I went to the Ruth's Chris on Poplar. The steak was not really good, although the service was absolutely superb. It was bad enough I didn't try again.
I also went to Fleming's on Poplar twice. It was OK, better than RC, but not near the quality of FF.
ButcherBlock was AWFUL for me. The food and the service were terrible.

• Visited July 2012
3 Thank Scott P
Nashville, Tennessee
“Folks Folly is a Memphis Tradition”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

Folks Folly is a Memphis tradition for fine dining. For a steak you're not going to find any better in Memphis. The food was excellent, although I would suggest making reservations even during the week. We had a private room which the temperature was very very cold. We complained and asked the temperature can be turned up and they told us theyhad already done it. They may have adjusted the temperature, but it felt like we were in a meat locker during the entire meal. we were in a meal.

Everyone's food was excellent we had a party of seven and job with the food. It
is very pricey but in this case you get what you pay for!

1 Thank MustangRoxie
Mississippi
“Filet filet filet!!!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

This is where we go in Memphis for a great filet!!!!! My son always orders lobster tail. Key lime pie is the best I've ever had.

Memphis, Tennessee
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Steaks in memphis”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

Ambiance, excellent, wait staff Superb, the food,especially the steaks and sides, wonderful

Visited April 2012