“I don't really know what to say”
Review of Corky's BBQ

Corky's BBQ
Ranked #12 of 1,481 Restaurants in Memphis
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed June 14, 2014

That a thousand other reviewers already have said. I am in Memphis 10-12 times a year, and I have partial season tickets to the Kansas City Royals--so to say that I have eaten a lot of excellent barbeque would be an understatement---but this is the one that I always keep coming back to. My go to barbeque restaurant.

I personally like the dry ribs and mac and cheese, but the sandwich and the brisket are great also. They had a new bbque sauce out this time Corky's Honey BBque Sauce. Usually I am not a fan of honey in stuff. Just to sticky and sweet for me, but this actually had just the right amount in it. Just a little hint of honey. I have become a fan of this one.

I also see where they have added catfish [farm raised, of course, LOL] to the menu. To be brutally honest I don't know why anyone would go to a rib joint to eat catfish, but I am sure that is on a par with everything else they have on the menu.

Just great bbque served consistently over the years. I might mention that the original on Poplar seems better to me than the other locations around Memphis and in Little Rock, but that might just be me.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

Quick service on a busy Mothers Day and our waitress was great! I am really sorry I do not remember her name but she was really friendly and helped myself and my husband - Corky's newbies - with ordering. My husband is still trying to recreate the ribs at home! He just loved them. My 'lunch special' sandwich was yummy (although I didn't go much on the mac 'n' cheese side) and my chocolate fudge pie was to die for (although I was so full from lunch I really struggled to eat it!) Great place, great food and great service. I'd come here again for sure

Reviewed June 11, 2014

Memphis has some amazing BBQ. One of our favorite well known places is Corky’s on Poplar! The parking is a mess and there is often a back up on Poplar from people trying to get in, but it is so worth it!

I’m not sure what they do to their rolls, but I suspect they may be fried in butter. They are absolutely delicious. Crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside.

Their BBQ Nachos are delicious! I either LOVE nachos or really can’t stand them. There is something about the fake cheese that some places use that tastes so awful. But Corky’s melted cheese tastes like queso and it’s delicious. :)

Their loaded potato salad is pretty much amazing. Sour cream, cheese, and bacon… so delicious!

The slab of dry rubbed ribs for two. Oh my YUM! Definitely my favorite ribs in the city!

Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

We decided to go to Corky's because we had head of it and it was close to the hotel. We were not disappointed. Parking is tight but we found a place. We had to wait a while even though it was a Monday night. We had the greatest server, Angela, who was as personable as she was efficient. Her helper was great too singing along with the music. The Corky's brand beer was great. We enjoyed everything that we ate. My daughter got a sampler with the smoked turkey. Absolutely delicious. Ribs and pulled pork were great too. I had the fried catfish with some great slaw and hushpuppies. Amazing food at very reasonable prices and a fun dining experience to boot. I have got to go back to Memphis soon just to visit here again!

Reviewed June 11, 2014

I came her last summer and was not disappointed with the food, however I wasn't thrilled either. It was average BBQ at best. The service was top notch.