“Best BBQ in Memphis”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Senatobia, Mississippi
“Best BBQ in Memphis”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

We have eaten at Corky's BBQ many times and will return many more times. Everything is wonderful. Service is always fast and courteous. The atmosphere just feels comfortable and they play songs from the 50s, which suits me to a T. As for the food, there is none better anywhere in the Memphis area. I would certainly recommend Corky's to anyone who just wants good food in a comfortable place. You will leave smiling.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Charlotte S

San Francisco, California
“A Great Choice for BBQ”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

There several really good choices for Memphis style BBQ. Corky's is one of them. It's easy to find on Poplar Avenue (if you forget to go, they do hav branch at the airport, too!), but parking can be a challenge. Service is fast and very friendly. The pulled pork is smoky, tender and moist. I like dry ribs and these did not disappoint. The spicier sauce at Corky's is more to my likings, but I'm sure you can find one you like. The ribs were perfectly cooked, fall of the bone tender. I went with traditional sides of baked beans and cole slaw and both were tasty.

I was in Memphihs on business so when I told my wife about the great BBQ I could tell she was jealous. I ordered some pulled pork and some ribs on line as a surprise. They arrived in excellent condition and were very tasty though they were a bit on the pricey side.

• Visited October 2013
“Fun, Fun, Dinner Experience”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Well since I was down in Memphis for a weekend of soccer we decided to make sure we eat BBQ for dinner both nights we were there. First night, The Commissary in Germantown which was excellent. The second night it was Corky's, which was also excellent. Two great restaurants, two different experiences both were great.

Atmosphere was electric, wait staff was great and super friendly, our group of about 20 was well taken care of by all. The kids were making the waitresses rubber band bracelets and the ladies really seemed to love them.

What can you say about the food, it was great, I went with the BBQ Chicken dinner and was not disappointed, others had BBQ ribs and pulled pork sandwiches. Everyone seemed to love their meal. One of my favorite things about this place was their assortment of homemade BBQ sauce, from sweet and tangy to hot it was great and tasty. Lots of fun was had by all.

Visited November 2013
Cut and Shoot, Texas
“The original Corky's....... Great ribs!”
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

The desk mgr at Hampton said this Corky's was the original and had excellent ribs. We tried it and had a great dining experience. Hubby proclaimed his ribs were fantastic, falling off bone tender. and my sandwich chock full of tender slices of brisket and topped with creamy coleslaw. I had a mug of Corky's ale that was quite good. We eat at a Corky 's in Little Rock but the ribs there are not even in the same league as these here. Only problem was no room left for some banana puddin'

Columbia, MO
“Awesome ribs”
Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

My wife is the BBQ nut. She says the ribs were the best she's ever had. She also had most of a beer :) . I had a blackened chicken sandwich which was tasty. I also had the pecan pie. It was surprisingly excellent. I am usually disappointed with restaurant pies but not this time. One thing I know is that your wait staff can greatly shade your experience. Anita, our waitress was just a lot of fun.

• Visited November 2013

Been to Corky's BBQ? Share your experiences!