“Dry Ribs, Fries & Corky's Ale”
Review of Corky's BBQ

Corky's BBQ
Ranked #21 of 1,528 Restaurants in Memphis
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed May 25, 2013

This was our second time at Corky's. We came here on our way back to the BBQ capitol of the world, Kansas City. We both like dry ribs so you can really taste the bbq product (the meat), not the sauce.

The dry ribs were very good or better. There is lots of seasoning on the dry ribs ... not overwhelming ...it works well. The meat was tender and did fall off the bones. The fries are seasoned... thumbs down by me but my wife liked them. Beans are so so ... probably reflecting the Corky's sauce which I do not like. Corky's ale, brewed in Louisiana I was told, was good, not great but good.

We went on a Friday night; there was about a 30 minute wait. Service was fast and the server cared. The atmosphere is of a crowded BBQ joint where people are enjoying their food. Happy!

I have had better ribs, but I would definitely drive out of my way for these ribs.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,194)

Reviewed May 20, 2013

I first visited Corky's a few years ago. There was standing room only, and a long line outside. In the lobby there were 3" cockroaches crawling on the walls! I didn't freak out, and we ate there anyways. I don't know if we consumed anything that we shouldn't have, but the food was absolutely delicious.

I went back a couple years later, and there were no bugs in sight. I even bought some sauce to take home - although there's nothing like their slow-cooked goodness.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

WE ate here 2 nights out of 2. It was amazing. EVERYTHING was excellent, the staff is delightful, we had Mss Ann who could not have been any funnier or warmer. The food is OUTSTANDING and this place is so worth it.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

The food was excellent. We happened to stay at the Hampton inn Poplar, which was right across the street and were very pleasantly surprised by how good the food was. Be sure to try the wet and dry BBQ. Highly recommended.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Though now a chain - the BBQ is consistently good here. Easy to sit at the bar if you are traveling alone - no hassle if you are a woman.

Been to Corky's BBQ? Share your experiences!