“Best BBQ”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Corky's BBQ

Corky's BBQ
Ranked #10 of 1,436 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Santa Paula, California
“Best BBQ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

I began a cross country odyssey leaving Maine and setting my direction south. Arriving in Knoxville Tennessee i told myself to start inquiring of locals their opinion on the best BBQ, as i was not going to leave Tennessee with out trying some southern BBQ. The name i heard most often was Corky's. "Get to Memphis, you will love Corky's". The drive arduous, i was tired and hungry and not paying attention found my self over the bridge and in West Memphis, Arkansas. I called for directions and turned around. I am so glad i did, it was worth the detour, the extra fuel and the traffic. I have never been served by a more sincerely pleasant and helpful staff at any restaurant i have patronized. The staff went out of their way to accommodate the truck and trailer, to the point of assisting me with traffic flow to allow me to enter. The advise i received on my order was very helpful and it led to me choosing the most delicious rack of Ribs(wet!), the pulled pork sandwich and the beef sandwich were beyond comparison! I want to reiterate, the food will always have my recommendation, The STAFF will always have my gratitude and utmost praise and will bring me back!

Edina, Minnesota
“Nice BBQ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

Corky's was very good, but not great. Ribs (wet) were very meaty, tender, really excellent. The pork shoulder (combo plate), by contrast, was a tad dry and didn't have nearly the flavor of the ribs. Excellent cole slaw and beans. Beer selection is limited, especially on tap. For authentic Memphis BBQ (both food and ambience) I'm still a huge fan of the Cozy, but Corky's is pretty close.

• Visited January 2013
Franklin, Tennessee
“Always Good BBQ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

Everything from the tamales to the BBQ is good and consistent. Pulled pork and the ribs are served in generous portions. Each are well prepared and smoked until tender. I always go here when I am in Memphis.

Richmond Hill, Georgia
“Memphis BBQ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

After missing out on several previous visits, my husband and I decided long before this trip through Memphis that we were going to find a good barbecue restaurant. We asked the hotel desk clerk, and Corky's was the second of only two places he recommended. The first was permanently closed, and we are so glad it was! We found a parking space near the drive through and went inside. It was early, about 6 pm, and we were immediately seated. Our waitress, Anita, was wonderful. She brought us our fabulous sweet tea and helped us with our orders. We started with the fantastic BBQ nachos. From there, we both had the dry ribs, which were just incredible. My husband coupled his with the brisket, I had mine with the chicken. I loved them both, but favored the brisket. We stuffed ourselves and had no room for dessert.
They were so good that we decided to go back on our return trip. As luck would have it, Anita was our waitress again! This time we started with the very tasty cheese and sausage plate, then coupled our ribs with pulled pork and catfish. Again, we had no complaints at all. We even managed to save a little room for the unbelievable banana pudding.
We really can't say enough about Anita. It's just so nice to have a server who seems to love what she does. She had a constant smile and upbeat attitude both visits, and she really took great care of us. The second time we were there, she also had a party of 15, and we never felt neglected.
The atmosphere is comfortable, the music fun, and the food and service are outstanding. If you love barbecue, you will love Corky's. We didn't have reservations for either trip, but had no wait at all getting seated. If you can't get to them, they do ship all over the country.

Thank Robert N Rebecc... W
Minesing, Canada
“Great Food!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

The doorman at the Hilton, highly recommended Corky's BBQ when we arrived. We arrived around 8 and had to wait 10 minutes for a table. Well worth the wait! We were seated for 30 seconds before the waitress introduced herself and took our drink orders. I ordered the ribs, which fell off the bone and melted in your mouth. My sides were baked beans and an amazing cole slaw. This is probably the best BBQ joint I have ever eaten at.
We even ordered their rub and rib sauce on our way out.
I would definitely recommend Corky's BBQ.

• Visited December 2012

Been to Corky's BBQ? Share your experiences!