“Love the Thai”

China Dragon
Ranked #657 of 1,537 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed August 27, 2014

I always ask for the Chao Praya Thai menu as (to me) their Thai lunches are much better than the Chinese ones. My friend and I go there often and have become addicted to the Thai dumplings. She prefers the Chinese, so having both menus in one restaurant is perfect!

Reviewed January 18, 2014

This review is for the Thai side of Chao Praya/Thai China Dragon

Here for lunch with colleague...chose Thai China Dragon because we love Thai.

First thing you notice is the Health Dept rating of 88 posted on the window. I'm from NY...don't know if that's okay or not, but would prefer a higher rating.

Ordered off the lunch menu. Lots of confusion with our hostess. Soup substitute became two soups served. The Hot and sour soup was more sweet than balanced.

Sauces seemed watered down...as if the owner was stretching his supply.

Dish presentation was as appetizing as a frozen Asian meal.

The Thai Iced Tea was very good...ask them to go light of the ton of ice cubes. No refills.

Decor was drab.

Lot of room for improvement.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Very good chicken chow mien with crispy noodles. Inexpensive fresh Chinese food. Fast service, god take-out.

Reviewed December 9, 2011

I went with a collegue and there was one one other table occupied. I was surprised by the low prices. We had spring rolls, soup and main course. Spring rolls were good, the soup was very thick (i had hot and sour) and did not like it much. The entres were good. We had water and the total bill was only $24. The service was VERY slow, we had to find the waitress in the back to pay after waiting for her to pick it up for over 15 minutes.

Been to China Dragon? Share your experiences!