“Excellent Service...Great Steak”

Ranked #68 of 1,506 Restaurants in Memphis
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Although I live a couple blocks from Buckley's, for whatever reason, I rarely eat there. But, last night my girl suggested we try it out...I must say, we will go back!! The filet's were awesome..cooked to perfection, just as we ordered. We had the loaded mashed potatoes, salads and wine.
Server, Jerome, was great, very attentive and personal..suggested sides and dessert like a professional.
I would have given a 5 star rating..except I hated the bread. Tasted like garlic butter and Italian seasoning had been brushed on it. Great with spaghetti, not very good with steak. Next time I will get it plain

Reviewed February 12, 2013

I was in town for business staying just on the other side of I-240 on Poplar. I had been to Buckley's once before and was in the mood for a steak tonight, so gave it another go. I passed right by Ruth's Chris and Flemings to get here, knowing the atmosphere would be better for my tastes.

Nice place, dimly lit with cozy booths and tables. They have a small bar\lounge right inside the door with just a few places to sit. I didn't need to wait for a table (8:00 pm on a Tuesday) and was quickly seated.

They have a good wine selection, offering all by the bottle and some by the glass. Bottle prices are quite reasonable, and actually much cheaper to buy the entire bottle if you're going to have more than one glass. They will cork it so you can take it with you and advertise that.

I had the 10 oz Buckley's filet with Key West Vegetables (carrots, beans, red peppers) and a dinner salad. They served a warm seasoned bread with perfectly whipped butter as well. The salad was large and quite tasty. The steak was cooked perfectly with great flavor, and the vegetables were quite good. I had a glass of their house Cabernet (Two Vines) as well. Chelsea (server) was very friendly and attentative.

I highly recommend Buckley's for a great meal at a reasonable price in a comfortable atmosphere.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

I would give this place a 5 but it lacked any Christmas decorations. The bread was wonderful. Very friendly staff and nice atmosphere.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Went with a group of 7 @ 5:30 pm, we received great service and the food was
fantastic. Our server was constantly filling beverage glasses; making sure that everything was going well. All the food from fish, chicken, steaks and shrimp were all very good. This is an independent resturant. Great experience and can't wait to go with family.

Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

Buckleys is privately owned and one of the very friendly owners is almost always there to greet you. The steak is tender, tasty and reasonably priced. There is a nice range of chicken and fish options. But they don't have a traditional baked potato- only a stuffed extravaganza. While good, not everyone wants all those extra calories. If you are dieting, they are cheerfully willing to remove sauces, etc. The atmosphere makes it so relaxing. It's dark and cozy and candlelit and a great place to sit and talk. This would be a great dinner place for that first big date...plenty of atmosphere but reasonably priced. The restaurant has an almost fanatical following of East Memphians who eat here regularly. You should too!