“Fabulous breakfast!”

Ranked #139 of 1,481 Restaurants in Memphis
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I dined at the downtown location the last time I was in town, and now here at the orginal location! Wonderful breakfast - the breakfast sampler - eggs, grits and sausage gravy and biscuits!

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Not the best ever but good and if you're craving them, and happen to be staying right nearby, worth doing. The place is incredibly clean and cute. I found it on Yelp- reviewers ripped the service a little- while it wasn't bad the waitstaff was as rough as they say...not super friendly, no smiles - strange in the south.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

NO CUSTOMER SERVICE!

I went there today; the staff was rude and short, explaining they were busy. The menu said the waffles came with whipped butter, I got whipped margarine, I don’t eat margarine, I was told nobody there eats butter. And oh well I was told, and charged for full amount. I didn’t eat the waffle just eat the 2 sausage patty's, milk and coffee.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Be advised the blue plate now closes at 2 pm everyday; at least the one on Poplar ave. They serve breakfast until 2 as well. Plenty of food, good pancakes, biscuits and gravy. Portions large enough to share. A nice healthy selection as well. The coffee is pretty good too. We haven't had their blue plate lunch but the menu looks good. This is a regular morning ritual for us during the tennis tournament week at the Racquet club. It appears to be a regular for many of the tennis players as well.
Love the decor!

Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had an early flight on Sunday morning, and were looking for a decent locals b fast around 7am. Found this on trip advisor and while not anything else (other than a chain, Perkins), was open we stopped. So glad we did! Service was not overly mushy friendly, but very very efficient. She even had us laughing, and my coffee cop never went empty. The grits and breakfast biscuits were truly the highlight! And good coffee to boot! We will be back on our next visit for sure! Downside was the over easy eggs were a but over done, and hubby thought the gravy was a but too peppery- but I will admit, we are northerners! Again biscuits were the fluffiest, and best we have had- even better then his southern Mammas!