“Biscuit rating alone would be a 5”
Review of Blue Plate Cafe

Blue Plate Cafe
Ranked #125 of 1,474 Restaurants in Memphis
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had an early flight on Sunday morning, and were looking for a decent locals b fast around 7am. Found this on trip advisor and while not anything else (other than a chain, Perkins), was open we stopped. So glad we did! Service was not overly mushy friendly, but very very efficient. She even had us laughing, and my coffee cop never went empty. The grits and breakfast biscuits were truly the highlight! And good coffee to boot! We will be back on our next visit for sure! Downside was the over easy eggs were a but over done, and hubby thought the gravy was a but too peppery- but I will admit, we are northerners! Again biscuits were the fluffiest, and best we have had- even better then his southern Mammas!

There are newer reviews for Blue Plate Cafe

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Biscuits, gravy, waffles, pancakes, ham, sausages and coffee. All good and served with a smile. I would eat here everyday if I lived in Memphis.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Omg!!! The biscuits and gravy are the best. The restaurant is charming. It has a wonderful cottage feel in decorum. The restaurant is very clean and comfortable. Most of the food on the menu is your standard breakfast fare but the biscuits are really really good. If you go there.... just say biscuits and gravy please.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

the waitresses were arguing in front of the customers (and they had a full house) and then our waitress smelled liked she hadn't bathed in a week and looked extremely unkept. She was rude and obviously mad.

1  Thank travelfun4
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Blue Plate never lets me down when I'm craving good breakfast food. Pancakes, waffles, whatever you want - it's all great! I highly recommend it. It gets busy, but they know how to move the crowds through.