“A Sample of Memphis Barbecue”
Review of Blues City Cafe

Blues City Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Blues City Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 1,494 Restaurants in Memphis
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 2ND STREET
Transit: Bus and Taxi pick up and drop off are done directly across the street from our front door along with a Trolley Stop about one block away.
Reviewed October 18, 2013

When in Memphis, barbeque is a must. This was our second barbeque restaurant and we felt better than our first. Some of this has to do with the method used to prepare the ribs. This place tends to serve them wet instead of dry which is more like the way we prefer our ribs. Service was efficient. Our ribs were warm, not real hot but the meat was moist and fell from the bones. My husband had catfish with his ribs - cornmeal breading was a little heavier than he likes but the fish was moist and fresh. Sides of baked beans and coleslaw were a typical rib accompaniment.
Plenty of napkins available for those fingers.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

The service to sit was speedy as was the server. We were told that the food was outstanding and it was in some areas. We tried a combo plate and for the baked beans in a condiment sized container along with coleslaw and tarter sauce. Fish was HOT, but the fries obviously sat as did the ribs. They could have been warmer but overall was a pretty good experience. We did hit the gift shop and brought home some of the BBQ rub.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Everyone on the trolley told us that the place to eat was the Blues City Cafe. They were not wrong. I had the ribs and my wife had the catfish. The ribs were great. Very moist, clean tasting. Not too greasy or smoky tasting but very good. The fried catfish may have been the best I've had, although I'm not a fried catfish expert by any means.

While I prefer the dry ribs (not offered here), I will "FORCE" myself to indulge here at Blues City Cafe.

The place ain't much for atmosphere, but that is not what you come here for !!!

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Great barbecue in a casual restaurant with lots of character. Loved the live music at the attached bar. The whole experience was perfect!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

The moment I arrived a the hotel my friend and I were told to walk around the corner to Blues City Cafe. The food was excellent and the service was very good and attentive....I can't wait to go back. Make room for dessert!

Been to Blues City Cafe? Share your experiences!