“Amazing Soul Food”
Review of Blues City Cafe

Blues City Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Blues City Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 1,440 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 2ND STREET
Transit: Bus and Taxi pick up and drop off are done directly across the street from our front door along with a Trolley Stop about one block away.
Joplin, Missouri
“Amazing Soul Food”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

The gumbo is true Cajun fare. The ribeye steak was enormous cooked perfectly and not overseasoned. The sweet tea will rot your teeth out it's so sweet but it's oh so good on a hot summer day. The only two things I would improve on. 1. Since I was by myself they suggested I sit at the bar, which I'm fine with; however, if I agree to do that don't treat me like I'm interfearing with you doing your real job. 2. If you have a life sized portrait of Jerry Lee Lewis hung on display over the bar the staff should know who he is. I had to educate the bar back when another guest asked about it. Tourists are there for the history and culture of Beale St/Memphis. All in all great experience.

• Korean first
“Great day..great food”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My wife and i went to Memphis for the 4th of July. The hotel staff recommended blues city as one of the best bbq joints in town. We were not dissapointed. We had a later lunch and I got the bbq plate sampler near $20 and my wife got the bowl of greens. We shared the meals and had plenty to eat. Both were exceptional in taste and we had 0 leftovers. We would both recommend it highly. Actually we went back after the fireworks.

• Visited July 2013
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
“Very good”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Loved the atmosphere, the ribs and the catfish. Service was ok, but The food was fresh and hot.
I would go again.

Tucson, AZ
“Terrific ribs”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

The meat just fell off the bones. A decent R&R band was playing. We may have eaten there again if we had enough time but we did recommend the restaurant to friends who we met there.

“Always Great Food”
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

I live 45 minutes away from this restaurant but it is ALWAYS worth the drive! The gumbo is amazingly good, the catfish is great (per fiancée), the bbq and ribs are awesome, the tamales are good, and the chicken strips and chicken strip salad is great! The apple dumpling is a MUST have!!!

• Visited July 2013

Been to Blues City Cafe? Share your experiences!