“Great food and a very laid-back atmosphere. Poot some South in Your Mouth.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Blues City Cafe

Blues City Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Blues City Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 1,437 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 2ND STREET
Transit: Bus and Taxi pick up and drop off are done directly across the street from our front door along with a Trolley Stop about one block away.
Apleton
“Great food and a very laid-back atmosphere. Poot some South in Your Mouth.”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We wondered into this place during lunch time and were quite hungry. The atmosphere is very cool and feels old-school and very southern-cooking style.

The menu is not very extensive and if you're here for BBQ, there's really only one choice to go with, and that's the ribs. The ribs and pork and dry-rubbed, so very authentic.

We ended up going with a mixed plate that comes with half a rack of ribs, cat fish, choice of potato, and two small sides. Everything was really good. We also ordered some locally-brewed beers, I believe both were by Memphis brewery. One of them was Ghost River and that one was amazing.

As you eat, you can enjoy the view of an open-concept kitchen and see how "Real men" cook:)

• Visited October 2012

• Korean first
Dallas, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“ribs”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

This was suppose to be award winning ribs, not in my opinion.

While the flavor was good, they were a bit over cooked, again in my opinion.

Our server had a very dry personality, almost as if she didnt want to be there. She gave us decent service, but when someone is waiting on me, I want you involved with me each and every time you come to my table.

I still tipped her over 30%.

Chattanooga, Tennessee
“A Blues Dive”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Nice service, good music, hole in the wall, not much to be expected unless you want some true blues and nothing else. Then it's among the best !

Visited January 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Loved this place!”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

My husband and I went here for lunch. Great service and great ribs! They fall off of the bone and are delicious! The coleslaw is the best we've ever eaten - very fresh and crunchy! We both ordered a half rack and should have shared one order. There is a lot of food on this plate including ribs, coleslaw, beans, steak fries and toast. We didn't come close to finishing our meals!

“Good Food. Not Fancy.”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

My husband and I ate here on our recent trip to Memphis. The atmosphere is very diner-ish, so it's not a fancy place. We both ordered the ribs, and they were so tender they were literally falling off the bone. I would definitely go again.

• Visited November 2012

Been to Blues City Cafe? Share your experiences!