“Yum!!! Reasonable. Great service.”
Review of The Bar-B-Q Shop

The Bar-B-Q Shop
Ranked #44 of 1,476 Restaurants in Memphis
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed May 1, 2014

The BBQ spaghetti was addictive. The brisket was tender. The pork, very yummy. There was something for everyone to love.

There are newer reviews for The Bar-B-Q Shop

Reviewed April 29, 2014

I was advised of this restaurant by a friend back in Scotland who said that I had to give the restaurant a go and I was certainly not disappointed. The staff were very friendly, efficient and attentive. They were happy to discuss the menu and to give me their recommendations. The dry ribs were simply amazing. the hot Dancing Pigs BBQ sauce was hot and tasty but not too hot. The coleslaw was very tasty and fresh. The portions were large - I needed a "to go" box. I bought two bottles of the Dancing Pigs Hot Sauce to take home, great for chicken wings. All in all a wonderful experience and I will definately visit this restaurant again when I am in Memphis.

1  Thank Exigeken
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

Don't get me wrong, the smoked turkey sandwich was really good. However, i just found myself saying how the potato salad was awesome. The two made a great combo!

Reviewed April 18, 2014

Our recent stop in Memphis on a cross road trip gave my son and I the opportunity to try some real Memphis BQ'...My son had been there a few months prior and highly recommended the B-B-Q Shop...we stopped for lunch and were immediately seated by a very friendly hostess. Our server impressed us throughout our meal with his attention, knowledge and overall down to earth friendliness. We both ordered the Brisket Meal which included Beans, Cole Slaw and Texas Toast. The large serving of extremely tender and tasty chopped brisket with the mild Dancing Pigs Sauce was absolutely delicious "the best" I've ever had... My son availed of the "hot" version of the sauce which I tried and agreed was terrific but too hot for my preference...Overall the experience at The B-B-Q Shop was a culinary "number one" highlight on our 3,000+ mile journey. I highly, highly recommend a visit for true down home Memphis barbecue.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

A whirlwind trip down to Memphis had my husband demanding BBQ (and me demanding Gus's, which surprises no one), so our local tour guides took us here.

I figured I'd go order a pork sandwich, my BBQ usual order, so I ordered the pork sandwich platter on Texas toast and topped it with cole slaw. I ate nearly every bite. Well. Actually, I let my husband have ONE bite, but he traded me one rib, so it seemed only fair. The pork was amazing. I don't know that I've had chopped pork before, but I really, really enjoyed it. I loved the not-spicy sauce on the table. (The spicy sauce was just too spicy for me.) The Texas toast was a fantastic addition to my sandwich. For my sides, I went with more cole slaw and some beans. Loved both. Seriously. The cole slaw was fresh and not too mayo-y, and the beans were smokey and delicious.

Service was super-friendly, waters were refilled plentifully, beers were refreshed, and the wait staff took the time to coo at our little dining companion. Can't be mad at that.