“Outstanding!!!”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Bartlett
Reviewed July 17, 2014

My wife and I went to the Side Porch Steak House about 9 years ago and had a bad experience with the service. After that occasion, we hadn't given much thought about going back since we have other places in the area that we frequent and the Side Porch never made onto the list to be considered. A couple of months ago, I mentioned to my wife that we should give the Side Porch another chance since we may be missing out on a really great restaurant right in our neighborhood. Luckily, we gave the Side Porch Steakhouse another try. WOW! That's all I can say!

For starters, they brought us a basket of rolls that were sliced into strips, coated with garlic butter and had just the right amount of garlic salt. The iced tea glasses were very large Mason jars. The tea had the crisp, clean flavor that tea should have when made with filtered water. The salad was very fresh with home-made dressing. The bleu cheese served on my salad was some of the best I've had anywhere. My wife and I each had a 14 oz. New York Strip. The steaks appeared to be much larger than 14 oz. on our dinner plates. They were marinaded just enough to compliment the flavor of the steaks without being over-whelming. These steaks were great.

The service was fantastic! When we arrived, the restaurant was not over crowded, but wasn't empty either. We were seated quickly and within just a couple minutes had given our drink and dinner orders. While the steaks took 25 - 30 minutes to cook, they were served much faster than I could have cooked steaks as thick as they were on my grill. I was truly impressed with the Side Porch Steakhouse and will be going back regularly.

If you want a good steak in the Bartlett area, you have to try the Side Porch Steakhouse!

2  Thank Alan B

Reviewed June 7, 2014

The steak and rolls were good. Service was polite. Beware there are a few steps to get to the porch.

Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

This was my first time visiting Side Porch Steakhouse and I was very impressed. We arrived around 7pm and instantly we were greeted by a very friendly hostess. We were sat in the lower level with a nice window view. The garlic bread came to the table and my goodness every bite was electric. Then our server took our orders. It wasn't a very long wait and for every second it took it was extremely worth it. The tilapia was very well prepared and the steak was like butter. I enjoyed the meal so much. I can't wait to go back. Then to top a wonderful meal the owner came to greet us and ask how everything was. Talk about service with a smile. Loved it!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is a locally owned restaurant that I have been going to for years. Its in an old home and is one of the best kept secrets in the area. The steaks are wonderful and the chicken and pork chops are consistently great! They have yeast rolls that are addictive. I highly recommend this location if you don't want all the crowds of the wolfchase mall and a reasonable priced meal.

1  Thank memixerWestTennessee
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We like to eat here because it is not noisy and rushed like chain steak houses. Sometimes the owner welcomes and seats us. The ribeyes and filets are great. The homemade rolls are the best. You get lots of juice from your steak to sop them with. They offer shrimp, pork chops, and chicken but the special is steak. Wait staff is friendly and efficient. They have a small bar. You are seated in a converted house so the atmosphere is cozy. Reasonably priced so we go about every month. They are very accommodating for groups. They do not serve lunch.

1  Thank Barbara T