“Wasn't expecting much, but came out quite surprised!”
Review of Tops Bar-B-Q

Tops Bar-B-Q
Ranked #604 of 1,447 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: Barbecue
Neighborhood: Midtown
Neighborhood: Midtown
Northern Wisconsin
“Wasn't expecting much, but came out quite surprised!”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We're heading south on I-55 towards Memphis and wife says "we're coming up on Memphis and have to have some Memphis BBQ." She says, "Just pick the next roadside BBQ stand we see." Well, that happened to be Top's BBQ in Marion, Arkansas, just off I-55. Pulling in it doesn't look like much, and the inside isn't particularly impressive either--looks like just another fast food joint. So we didn't expect much from the BBQ. We ordered a full rack of ribs to share. They were nice about it, split it up for us on separate plates, along with separate cole slaw. The ribs were great, especially with the sweet sauce (the mild sauce was anything but mild--pretty spicy in our book and I like things spicy--I wonder if the bottles got switched?). Anyway, the ribs were lip-smacking, finger licking, sauce on the shirt good. If you like good Memphis bar-b-q, you'll like this place. But don't expect any atmosphere; just good food.

• Visited January 2013

“Best in Memphis!”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

They're the best folks. Great vinegar style sauce. It's a good simple BBQ place. The best location is on Summer Ave. Either one on Summer.

Visited January 2013
Memphis, Tennessee
“Bbq is good but check out the burgers!!!”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Everyone digs the bbq here but I come for the burgers. This is one of the only places in Memphis that actually cooks your burger from scratch on a grill. They season it with good old salt and pepper and it is the best thing there in my opinion. I have to get a double cheese burger combo. bbq is ok but I prefer the burgers.

Visited December 2012
“This is the Memphis BBQ.”
Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

This was my last taste of home when I went into the service in 1984. Tops is tops to me and many more who know the taste of original Memphis BBQ. This is it folks! To me it can't be beat! You don't come here for the atmosphere.

Memphis, Tennessee
“Okay, but there's definitely better in Memphis”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

We occasionally order Tops BBQ for work lunches and find that while it's decent, there's definitely better BBQ in town. The service is pretty average to almost rude sometimes, but the BBQ is edible. The pulled pork is usually pretty good. Their sauce tastes "off" to me. Not sweet, not spicy - it's nothing special. Try Central BBQ, Neely's, Interstate, or BBQ Shop.

Visited November 2012

Been to Tops Bar-B-Q? Share your experiences!