“Great Food, Very Pricey”

Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #215 of 1,474 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Briarcrest Avenue
Transit: The public bus stop is directly in front of restaurant.
Description: Fleming's Memphis, TN is an ongoing celebration of exceptional steak and wine. We are located in East Memphis, near Germantown and Cordova, only a few miles outside Downtown Memphis.
Reviewed January 1, 2014

I have been to Fleming's multiple times and have never had a bad meal. This visit we tried the dry aged prime strips and they were fantastic. Cooked perfectly, very juicy and flavorful. We also tried the skillet cooking method which held the juices in beautifully. Another person in our party had the petite filet topped with lobster and she raved about the taste and presentation. Other items sampled were the sauteed green beans, onion rings, french onion soup, and carrot cake. All were perfectly prepared and very flavorful. I was not crazy about the carrot cake because of the somewhat odd fruit pieces which distracted from what I feel to be a traditional carrot cake flavor. Service was excellent and attentive. The food was served quickly and hot. The selection of wines by the glass exceeded 100. The only drawback for Flemings is the price. I knew it would be expensive going in, so a complaint in this area would be inappropriate. However, it is valid to say the meal was pricey. The steaks are all al a carte and range in price from $40-$60. The entire meal, including a few glasses of wine and the tip exceeded $350 for 3. Great food, great service, very pricey.

There are newer reviews for Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar

Reviewed December 31, 2013

The food was good but the place is too expensive. They have a nice wine list. If not for the coupon we would not have gone.

1  Thank Beefboat
Reviewed December 18, 2013

The bar has very nice happy hour specials. The bartenders are always very friendly. Try the homemade chips

Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

In all my travels, I've always wanted to dine at Flemings Steakhouse! Well, since I was traveling alone this trip, I thought I would give it a try ( all reviews were good). I sat at the bar, and right off the bat, the bar tender had an attitude! Very rude! I Order a beer (9.95), and had to get his attention to order my entree. I started with the onion soup (10.95), it was ok, but not worth the cost, and had to ask the second bar tender for my bread! (He was nice ). My main course was the Porcini Filet (42.95)which was very tender, and throughout my meal, no one asked "how is everything, can I get you anything else". I may be old fashion, but when I send 69.76 for a meal, I expect excellent service! Even if I'm sitting at the bar. I realize everyone can have a bad day, but in the service industry, you need to be on your game! I'm on the fence if I will ever return - the food overall was good, and I don't want to penalize the kitchen, for poor service on the floor'

1  Thank Cochisedog
Reviewed November 24, 2013

have always experienced superb food and service at Fleming's. Unfortunately, last night I did not have that experience.

To begin with our waitress did not provide the superior service to which I am used to receiving. She did not offer a black napkin to my friend and I. We were both wearing dark pants. The evening continued in a similar manner. The food was lack luster and did not have any real flavor. Although the first bite of the sliced tenderloin on a potato croquette appetizer was delicious, the second bite did not have any of the original flavor. I do not think the meat was seasoned thoroughly. The potato croquette did not have any flavor, but was made better with a dash of salt. For dinner I ordered the special which was crab stuffed red snapper over mushroom ravioli. The only delicious part of this dish was the name. The fish and crab had no flavor. I was extremely disappointed.

I took my friend here for her birthday. Not only did her dessert not have a candle, but the waitress did not wish her a happy birthday when the dessert was offered her. I mentioned this to the manager and he said they had run out of candles. Ten minutes later I saw someone else receive the same dessert with the candle in it.

The dessert was amazing and almost made up for the previous dishes lack of flavor. We shared the chocolate lava cake. It must be ordered in advance as it takes 20 minutes to make. I recommend going to this restaurant for this dessert alone. The chocolate is amazing and the home made whipped cream that they serve with it is beyond words. This desserts is my favorite in Memphis. I have eaten dinner at Acre and travelled to this restaurant just for this dessert.

Overall, I am completely disappointed with the food (except for the chocolate lava cake) and the service.

The atmosphere was amazing as always and they have a great and extensive wine list. I cannot leave a review without mention their wine list. The use of their electronic wine list loaded to iPad is always a fun experience to match your wine to the good that you plan to order.

1  Thank Anna C