“This is my son's favorite place to eat in town!”

Emerald Thai Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #351 of 1,538 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed July 19, 2012

My family eats here pretty regularly. It is my son's favorite place in Memphis.

Reviewed November 1, 2011

My wife and I have never have had Thai food before and did a lot of research about the dishes. Not being from Memphis or familiar with Memphis I arrived at the restaurant which i found about online. First of all, the area is kinda run down and so is this restaurant. Originally I read online, that Emerald Thai Restaurant had a buffet, I was thinking what better way to become acclimated to a new food as I have with Japanese, Chinese, Mexican.....etc. When i got inside there was obviously did not have a buffet. We decided to sit down anyway. The restaurant was dirty and run down. The servers who were eating "taco bell" at a table in the dining area came and waited. The waitress didn't seem interested in helping us with deciphering the menus. I was given a diet coke that was in a small 8 oz bottle of diet coke which they charged almost 2 dollars for the date on the bottle was in april 2011, It tasted bad. We ordered an appetizer that was a sampler: spring rolls, satay (which both were excellant, but that was it) chicken which was dry and chicken wings. I ordered the pad khing, it was ok but I dont really know if it was prepared well or not. The service was not there even when you explain to the woman you have never been there before or are familiar with thai food and she doesnt help you out. This never has happened to me before. Normally when you ask for help the waitress, they help you especially with a differant cuisine. I will try another thai restaurant. Even if this was a restaurant with a familiar cuisine then I would not go back do to the lackadasical attention to cleanliness and over hygeine of the workers and the restaurant.

1  Thank bigboyswrestling
Reviewed March 27, 2011

I am no stranger to thai. I gave eaten thai made from natives, in london, Miami, new York, las Vegas, Los angeles, etc etc. When I moved to Memphis I was searching for the best thai and yay I found it! Service is attentive, special requests welcome, and food amazing. Som Tum salad, pad thai, pad Prik, all curries, Tom yum hed soup, all excellent! Decor is standard strip mall Memphis.