“Best Chicken In Memphis.”

Gus's World Famous Fried Chicken
Ranked #4 of 1,506 Restaurants in Memphis
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: At Gus's we're all about the food! Gus's restaurants are low-key with a southern flare where you will hear soulful classics emitting from the jukebox. Many people call Gus's a "blues-infused southern eatery." At Gus's World Famous Fried Chicken we focus on the chicken! We begin by using quality chicken which is treated to our special preparation techniques before being marinated in our proprietary batter. Once it's properly fried to a crisp golden-brown, we serve it up with a plate full of southern inspired sides and a cold beer or sweet tea. The result? Customers line up at our door before we're even open!
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Truth be told, Hodak's near Downtown St. Louis was the best fried chicken I had ever tasted until I stopped into Gus' World Famous last August. With my first bite of this juicy bird I was forever spoiled. The batter surrounding the chicken had such a mild spice, it was perfect.

1  Thank MOBeachDoc
Write a ReviewReviews (3,303)

Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

Thank God it's 11 hours away from home. I had Chicken and Greens. Simple, Delicious, and Tasty... Sunday noon, was lively and colorful...

Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

The chicken and sides were so tasty! Gus's definitely lived up to all the hype that it has received! We will be back!!!

Reviewed June 2, 2014

The chicken is quite good if it were not so hot with spice. I wish Gus's had a mild preparation then it would be almost like your momma used to fry.

1  Thank Charles F
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Be prepared to order fast if you are there at lunchtime. The place gets crowded, and no one wants to wait to hear you ask questions about the menu. Two breasts, slaw and beans, iced tea, half sweet with lemon. Believe me, unless you want instant diabetes, get the tea watered down, its really SWEET!