“Terrible”

Ranked #5 of 1,527 Restaurants in Memphis
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: At Gus's we're all about the food! Gus's restaurants are low-key with a southern flare where you will hear soulful classics emitting from the jukebox. Many people call Gus's a "blues-infused southern eatery." At Gus's World Famous Fried Chicken we focus on the chicken! We begin by using quality chicken which is treated to our special preparation techniques before being marinated in our proprietary batter. Once it's properly fried to a crisp golden-brown, we serve it up with a plate full of southern inspired sides and a cold beer or sweet tea. The result? Customers line up at our door before we're even open!
Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

I called and they didnt answer. I arrive 3 min after they close (there are still 20-30 people there) and they refuse to let me order take out.

Keep your chicken. I will spend my money elsewhere.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,411)

Reviewed October 3, 2013

The fried chicken is the best we've had - crunchy on the outside, moist and tender on the inside. The slaw and beans are both very tasty, with a bit of heat coming through. And the price is right.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Its Awesome!!!!! I always get the 3 whole rings and I usually can only eat two. And their mac and cheese is to die for. Havent tried the fried green tomatoes yet or the pickles, but am due for a trip back soon so I think i will try those next time.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

I went in just after they opened at 11am and it was already filling up. I had the two pieces with beans and slaw and it was more than enough for one! The chicken was just the right amount of spice and crunch, event he sides were great! Everyone who I asked said to eat here and I'm glad I did. Will go back if ever I'm in Memphis again!

Reviewed September 26, 2013

This was our second visit to the Gus's on Front Street. We had the usual lunch of fried chicken, fried green tomatoes, cole slaw, and beans. The place was packed, but we got in and out in just about 50 minutes. I don't know what they do to the chicken, but it is about the best that there is. We haven't found a place any better, and we travel the U S quite a lot. This restaurant is not fancy and is just outside of downtown Memphis. But it is certainly worth going to for a great plate of chicken.