“For down home food, this...”
Review of Little Tea Shop

Little Tea Shop
Ranked #2 of 21 Coffee & Tea in Memphis
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: The Little Tea Shop is Memphis' oldest restaurant serving traditional Southern/comfort food.There is no pork in any dish we make which makes it not just delicious but more healthier as well.
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“For down home food, this...”
Reviewed December 21, 2007

For down home food, this place is perfect. Great for lunch!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Good if you like plate lunches”
Reviewed December 12, 2007

Good if you like plate lunches

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Not bad but the atmosphere is better than the food.”
Reviewed December 11, 2007

Not bad but the atmosphere is better than the food.

Los Angeles
“Great soul food in Memphis!”
Reviewed October 22, 2007

I somehow missed seeing this restaurant on TripAdvisor and I'm not sure how I found it. What appealed to me is that this is a restaurant frequented by Memphians. "When in Rome, do like the Romans."

We arrived a bit early for lunch and were seated promptly. Each table has a slip of paper that functions as a menu. You are expected to select the items you'd like with the pencil they provide. I almost felt like I was taking the SAT's in high school (many years ago!)

We quickly received our ice teas and hot corn sticks. I've quickly become addicted to "sweet tea" a local Memphis beverage. We ordered the Lacy Special (chicken & gravy) and their special featuring turnip tops, tomatoes and onion.

The corn sticks were hot and delicious. Our dishes arrived soon after. The chicken on the Lacy Special was moist and tender and very tasty. The vegetarian dish featuring turnip tops had good flavor and combined with the onion was an outstanding combination of flavors.

If you are in the downtown area, stop by and experience their cooking - it's fabulous!

Memphis, Tennessee
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A downtown lunch must!”
Reviewed August 27, 2006

First, the previous reviewer noted that they didn't accept credit cards, however that has apparently changed! Actually, that led to one of my favorite (non-food-related) experiences with the restaurant -- one time when I had lunch there, the owner (amazing woman & great cook!) rung me up, and the credit-card printer ran out of paper. She thought it hadn't gone through and ran it again. Later that afternoon, she called me to let me know it had gone through both times and to see what I wanted to do. I said that I'd just come back for another lunch soon, since I'd already paid for it. Well, I went back about 2 weeks later and she remembered exactly who I was!

Aside from that, the food is great. It's your basic "homestyle plate-lunch food" but very, very well executed. I strongly recommend the Thursday pot roast special, which is...amazingly good. Meals come with homemade cornsticks. Service is friendly!

1 Thank actinolite