“Get the Mempho!!”
Review of Patrick's

Patrick's
Ranked #210 of 1,457 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Description: Patrick’s East Memphis restaurant is a neighborhood bar & grille that has been a local Memphis gathering place for over 18 years. We bring together the city’s best made-from-scratch home cooking, hand-cut, aged steaks, competition barbecue and mouth-watering daily specials in an eclectic, fun atmosphere. There are plenty of great areas to enjoy your food from the spacious open air patio in the heart of East Memphis overlooking historic Marquette park, or our spacious Bar that makes a great place to watch sporting events in Memphis.
Memphis, Tennessee
“Get the Mempho!!”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

We had a rough start to the evening. The server we had when we first arrived was very rude to us. We try to be pretty understanding with things like that because no one has good days all the time and who knows what she might be dealing with at home. However, it still isn’t great fun to have a server in such a bad mood. Thankfully her shift ended just after we arrived and we got a new server named who was absolutely wonderful! Aaand now on to the food!

The first time we went, my husband ordered the Mempho which is described by the menu as: “A slab of our rich, creamy mac’n’cheese grilled on white pullman bread with Swiss cheese, caramelized onions and pulled pork with our house BBQ sauce on the side.” I can’t even begin to tell you how good it was. Rich and creamy and tangy and sweet and absolutely wonderful. Every time we have been back, this is what I order. It is SO good!

The first time we went I got the meatloaf sandwich. I can’t find it on their online menu so I’m not positive exactly what the menu said about this one, BUT! It was also delicious. Toasted bread topped with homestyle meatloaf which was then topped with homestyle mashed potatoes which was then topped with crispy onion tanglers. Oh. My. Yum!

We ended up splitting each of our meals in half and sharing because we both liked BOTH meals so much! I got the onion rings which were enormous and Christopher got the curly fries which were well seasoned. All in all, an absolutely wonderful meal! At about $10/plate – this place is amazing!

Side note: every time we've been back since our first visit, we've had great service. So I think that very first server was definitely the exception to the rule!

Visited April 2014

Dallas, Georgia
“Nice small town place”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The steak was perfectly cooked but the mashed potatoes were too salty the drinks from the bar were awesome the atmosphere there was very laid back and friendly. I sat at the bar to eat and the bar tender was very friendly and did offer to replace the potatoes with something else for me. This is definately a place were the locals hang out and there was plenty of them there the evening I went.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank AmyW102
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome food”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

I loved the mempho sandwich and def cannot pass up on the barbq nachoes.
The place is always money. I've been more than a few times and plan to go next time I'm in town.

• Visited December 2013
Brownsville, Tennessee
“Not my cup of tea”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Came here for a friend's birthday, I ordered a bacon cheese burger with onion rings I didn't get bacon with the cheeseburger, the burger wasn't done and tasted bad. The bun and onion rings were good. I am not one to send food back. My wifes eggplant was greasy and stale, greens were good, broccoli was over cooked. Waitress was nice and attentive.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank bigboyswrestling
“Good and a few different offerings”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I've eaten here 3 times. It's good, basic food. There are a few items on the menu that you probably won't find anywhere else. That's another reason I like to come here. They will also prepare the food the way you want it, even if it's not exactly on the menu. The servers are helpful and friendly. They make you feel like you're at home. I just like going out sometimes to a restaurant that is a 'mom and pop' establishment, not a chain.

• Visited November 2013