“Food was good but... Server,Toni, was great.”
Review of Dixie Cafe

Dixie Cafe
Ranked #505 of 1,446 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: American
West Monroe, Louisiana
“Food was good but... Server,Toni, was great.”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

As stated above, the food was good. Main complaint was that the mashed potatoes I got were not hot, other people around us had to send their mashed potatoes back for the same reason.
Wife ordered the small order of fried catfish, does not come with hush puppies. Have to pay extra for them .99 for an order of four small ones. Home made bread and cornbread come with free. And they charge for the hushpuppies? Hushpuppies come with the large order of catfish. Wife's food was hot. I Ordered the chicken fried steak it was pretty good. Toni, our server did a great job of waiting on us. Total bill was less than $20,00 for the two of us. Not including tip.

• Visited May 2014

Edwardsville
“Pricey for basic food”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I wished they offered the lunch specials at dinner, because the food was just okay for prices that hinted at something much better. Don't get me wrong; the food was fine, it arrived quickly and the service was good. But if I'm going to spend $9-11 per entree, I expect more than I'd get at Denny's or IHOP.

Visited March 2014
Memphis, Tennessee
“Tasty, but don't carry out if you like bread”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I stopped in to pick up lunch and opted for the turkey and dressing, plus mashed potatoes, cabbage and baked squash. Good as usual, but I was disappointed to find only one roll and one piece of cornbread - and only one small butter for the both... Not sure why the portions have shrunk so -- definitely eat in if you like the rolls and cornbread as you can eat as many as you like.

• Visited November 2013
Poplar Bluff MO
“Tasted like home”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Pulled in here on a Friday night. Sweet tea was great! I had the potatoes & gravy, mac n cheese, corn and a side salad. Excellent! Nice ambience also.

Visited July 2013
Memphis, Tennessee
“Yummy veggies”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

The vegetables are as good as always, but the catfish fillets and pork chops seems to be getting smaller. I'll definitely be back, but probably getting a vegetable plate. :-)

• Visited June 2013

Been to Dixie Cafe? Share your experiences!