“Not what I expected”

Jim's Place Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Jim's Place Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #315 of 1,440 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Greek
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Monroe, Louisiana
“Not what I expected”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

After reading the reviews, I was a little apprehensive when relatives wanted to eat here. I was pleasantly surprised! Our server was very attentive and very pleasant and the food was delicious. It was my first visit and I really enjoyed the atmosphere. I would definitely return on my next visit.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Tinkles47

Memphis, TN
“What happened to this place?”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I come here a few times a year for meetings for lunch and have had a couple of dinners here as well.
After having several bad service issues the last few times I have been in w/ friends and associates, I have decided not to go back.
The service takes forever , even at lunchtime which is typically a time when people are more in a hurry. The waiter(s) seem to be oblivious to what is needed at tables(forks, water, condiments, etc.)
Also, I thought the Greek food was subpar all around, and not nearly enough of it. I know Greek food; been served it and lived around it most of my life(Tarpon Springs , Florida) and so I know what is good ....

Visited November 2012
Memphis, Tennessee
“Food Good, Service Not So Good”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

The food was nothing special, it was ok. The service was terrible. Our server was waiting on several tables and for some reason, we appeared to be left out. It took a while before we were able to order our appitizer. The bread and appitizer came to the table and we were finished eating them both before our order was taken. Several others were seated well after we were seated. They were served by the same person and they finished dinner before us.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank cokehoncho
Memphis, Tennessee
“Disappointed Birthday Dinner”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Eight of us "old" friends ,went to dinner last night to celebrate birthdays.had reservations,but the table did not have water or toasted bread on table, we had to ask for them.
Server was very rude and had a loud big mouth.
When our salad's and soup's finally arrived,the entree's came before we had taken two bites.
One of the owner's finally came over for a minute.Two other severs ended up helping her at the end.Our family has been patrons at Jim's for many years,but it will be a long time before we go back.

• Visited April 2013
South Georgia
“So many things wrong!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Went here for lunch on at Thursday while out shopping with friends. We were seated right away but it took 10 minutes
for server to greet us. Then it took another 10 minutes to get our drink order. My coffee was brought to me lukewarm and when I asked for a refill it was also lukewarm. We did not get our food (all salads except 1 Cheeseburger) until we had been there a total of 1 hour. We kept trying to get our waitresses attention but she would walk by as if she didn't notice. We complained to the manager when we left and he said the Cheeseburger had been delivered to the wrong table and that is what held up the orders. What??? Have they ever heard of letting someone know or offering a complimentary bowl of soup.
I will not go back.....