“Simply great”
Review of J. Alexander's

J. Alexander's
Reserve with OpenTable
J. Alexander's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #50 of 1,468 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Walnut Grove - Shelby Farms PD
Memphis, Tennessee
“Simply great”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Went to this restaurant on a whim and we were pleasantly surprised. the décor and the food is great. the staff is attentive, polite and responsive. We had 3 children with us and the menu catered to them. We later found out this is one of the best restaurants in the Bartlett / Germantown area.

you have to try the carrot cake for dessert its great

• Visited February 2014

Bartlett, Tennessee
“Our favorite eatin' place”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Managers, Nick and Flanagan, run the most awesome up-scale restaurant I know of...just go there and try the Rattlesnake Pasta. You will not be disappointed...My husband feels that It is the most affordable and best food, best atmosphere of any place to dine in Memphis. We have had everything from the prime rib to Alex's salad and loved it all. On previous visits, they have accommodated up to 25 people in our party, and they handled it very professionally. And, the carrot cake is to DIE FOR!!!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank rcy54
Atoka, Tennessee
“Yummy! Pricey but Worth It”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

We went to J Alexanders for the first time on January 14th for my birthday. I had the prime rib with the "adult" mac & cheese, my husband had the steak sandwich. My kids had burgers, which were HUGE for being off of the kid's menu. (They do now have an official kids' menu, but if you ask, they will prepare items for kids, and the price is substantially less.) My very-picky 9-year-old informed me we were coming back for his birthday. (Good-bye, McD's!) For dessert, we had the carrot cake and the chocolate cake. Everything was tasty and well-above-par. The service was impeccable. Next time I want to try the crab cakes!

• Visited January 2014
Southlake, Texas
“Outstanding lunch spot!”
Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were traveling through Memphis on our way from Little Rock, AR to North Carolina. Stopped for lunch on Tripadvisor recommendation. The restaurant was clean (I'm a neat freak especially the restrooms), well appointed and the server, Chris, was wonderful and attentive. Husband had Shrimp Cilantro that was delicious. I had Faucon Salad and Tortilla Soup. Both scrumptious. And the Spinach Dip is "to die for"! Hungry? Portions are extremely ample.

Memphis, Tennessee
“Great server!”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I love this restaurant! Amanda was my server and she has perfect timing. She is attentive but not worrysome. I had the crab cakes and they were amazing!! They have great wines and a great atmosphere.

Visited January 2014

Been to J. Alexander's? Share your experiences!