“Top notch barbecue, and I'm from Kansas City, I know!”
Review of Cozy Corner

Cozy Corner
Ranked #8 of 1,476 Restaurants in Memphis
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Get the ribs, they are unbelievable. I went to several better known barbecue joints in town and they couldn't hold a candle to this one. When we walked in the door a man was wheeling big bags of hickory chips into the back, so I knew right away we were in the right place, but that was confirmed by the ribs I got, which were incredible!

There are newer reviews for Cozy Corner

Reviewed December 28, 2013

While waiting in line we just stared at the menu board in wonderment. And then watched the pitmaster doing his thing at two big smokers beyond the counter. Then when it came our time to order I figured we had one shot at the Cozy Corner this trip so for the two of us, I order a four-rib dinner with sides of slaw and bbq spaghetti, a Cornish hen dinner with beans and slaw and a bbq bologna sandwich---of course with slaw. All very generous portions covered in some of the best sauce we've had. A lot of food? You bet! Did we eat it all? Absolutely! And then we had some banana pudding that made us swoon.
The ribs are heavenly. Perfectly cooked and seasoned and quite meaty. Cornish game hen!! Haven't seen that on a menu forever but it's a regular here. Loved it! Oh my it was delicious.
And the bologna sandwich? You've got to try one if you never have. Here it is very yummy.
The sides were fine but we came for the meat and couldn't have been happier.
The ordering area, the kitchen and dining room are under the constant watch of Miss D who makes sure everything is done right and customers are happy. We like that. And we like her. She's got one of those smiles that just lights up the room and exudes warmth and friendliness. There's no doubt she's the Queen of the Cozy Corner. And that's why it has been a successful Memphis mainstay for nearly 40 years.
I loved everything about our visit to the Cozy Corner and I made a point of telling Miss D. She thanked us for coming and hoped we'd be back. And then she hugged me!!!
Be back? Rest assured every time we're in Memphis you can find us at the Cozy Corner. Great food, wonderful people. Just feels like home.

1  Thank 1cutekid
Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

We came to the Cozy Corner on a Friday at lunch. Ordered a half slab of ribs, a Cornish hen, BBQ spaghetti & banana pudding.
While the Cornish hen was meh (skip it if u don't like dry bird), the ribs were AMAZING.
I had the banana pudding for dessert ( I don't like bananas btw) and it was delicious.
Definitely a Memphis just see!

Reviewed November 17, 2013

The food was amazing! The Cornish Hen was the best I have ever eaten! I live in Oklahoma and would drive there just for lunch!

Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

We did take out lunch. We had Cornish hen with hot sauce and pork ribs medium. Very good ribs- not too dry, not too fatty, just right sauciness. cole slaw, Bbq spaghetti, and baked beans serviceable. Hot for the sauce was a little too much heat for us. Menu is limited and dining room is basic but food was excellent.

1  Thank 24112QGal

Been to Cozy Corner? Share your experiences!