“You will not be disappointed”
Review of Cozy Corner

Cozy Corner
Ranked #14 of 1,510 Restaurants in Memphis
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Great BBQ, friendly, attentive staff. Don't be put off by the whole in the wall appearance. These folks know what they are doing.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Came here on a suggestion of our hotel and boy were we impressed. From the outside, it looks like a hole in the wall place that would probably be overlooked and driven by. From the inside, the smell alone draws you into the great flavorful BBQ you will have.

We had the sliced pork sandwiches ... we tried the mild and the medium flavors. The medium had a little kick, but not much (and I'm a wimp when it comes to it... so definitely try it). The mild is your typical non-spicy variety.

We came in and the owner was there and asked if this was our first time and explained how to order, etc. Very nice lady wearing a really cool Southern style hat. We ordered and then after a few minutes, our orders came out. The BBQ beans were great, corn was good, and slaw was tasty!

The nice servers come by to ask if you are "a'ight" with their neat southern accent and if they can get you free refills. We had the sweet tea (of course!) which was just great.

All in all, you can't miss this place... It's so much better than the chains. It's real BBQ cooked with a lot of love and this place has been open for 40+ years!

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Many locals told us to try Cozy Corner for great Memphis BBQ. Like they say, don't judge a book by its cover. If you are looking for some fancy place with tablecloths, keep driving. The carpet is ragged, you eat at booths, order at the counter...but it is good! The staff was extremely courteous. It is just a block or two from St. Jude's. Go for it!

1  Thank maccogirl
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I needed a quick place to meet a friend for lunch and had heard good things about Cozy Corner, so we gave it a try. I was a little surprised at having to order at the counter, but it was quick and easy. I opted for the smoked sausage sandwich (medium sauce), with potato salad and baked beans. And I took some banana pudding with me for later. The food was brought out to the table pretty quickly - everything is premade, so that's to be expected. The sides seemed a bit small, but on the whole there was more than enough food for the money. As other reviewers have mentioned, the sauce is very good. I'll opt for the hot next time - the medium was good but didn't make my eyes water or my nose run...

Reviewed June 5, 2013

For Memphis this BBQ place is average. The sauce is great. The rib tips are great and have plenty of meat, you could easily make 2 meals from this. Not the safest neighborhood at night.