“Great Local Restaurant...”

Salsa Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #145 of 1,440 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Great Local Restaurant...”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Whenever we travel to Memphis, visiting Salsa is almost a requirement. The staff is nice, the food is good, prices are reasonable and the place has a great atmosphere.

Visited January 2013

Mount Juliet, Tennessee
“Best Mexican”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Been going to Salsa since it opened in the 80's. Always good. Love the chillie rellenos. Staff is great. The owner is friendly and involved. Tacos have shredded beef instead of ground beef. A must stop when in Memphis.

• Visited October 2012
Milan, Tennessee
“Food great, service so-so”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I ate here recently while in town on business. I picked it because it was walking distance from my hotel- very convenient location. I could smell the delicious aroma even before I walked in, and I will say that the food lived up to expectations. I got the snapper, which was really tasty, and I loved the black beans that came with it. The service, however, could be improved. The hostess never once smiled, and seated me back by the kitchen, where I could hear every word spoken and clanging pots in the kitchen and servers area. I realize that as I was dining alone, I didn't need to take up a big table, but the restaurant wasn't busy at all. When the waitress finally came, I asked to move, and she was hesitant to do so, but finally did move me a few tables away. Again, no friendliness at all. But overall, I would definitely eat here again just for the delicious fish.

• Visited September 2012
Vestal, NY
“Great Margaritas!”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Just came here for drinks but it was a nice atmosphere and the bartender was friendly. Close to the hotel I was staying at.

Visited May 2012
Germantown, Tennessee
“My Favorite Mexican Restaurant In Memphis”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We have been going to Salsa for the last 17 years. The food has been consistent and delicious every time we go. I recommend the nachos, the pollo Colorado . The service is excellent. The atmosphere is charming. The kitchen is very accommodating with substitutions and changes. It is moderator busy. The wait is usually less than 10 minutes. Everything on the menu is fresh and cooked to order. The owner is almost always there and he checks every table to ask how you like the food. I am sure it is his keen eye that keeps the quality so consistent. He has his finger on the pulse of his restaurant. By the way, most of the staff have also worked here for the past 17 years and they remember our entire families name and order. Staff in this business rarely stick around unless the owner knows what he is doing. This is a family friendly restaurant with out door seating and a party room. Don't pass through Memphis without trying Salsa.

• Visited August 2012