“Out of the way gem!”

Cuisines: American, Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: University Area Neighborhood Association
Description: Food, family and community best describe this hidden jewel in Memphis tucked away in the heart of the University area, and known as the best breakfast in Memphis. We have home-cooked meals with fresh ingredients, excellent service in a friendly casual atmosphere, and beautiful garden seating. Bread, biscuits and pastries are baked fresh from scratch every day.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

In Memphis for a conference at the Hilton Memphis. On my way out to head home, I decided to give this place a try based on the Yelp reviews.

The location was easy to find and was surrounded by the University of Memphis campus and attractions. For a Friday morning, it was packed! Wait time was about 30 minutes if you wanted a table and 10-15 for the counter. I chose the counter since I was alone.

My server, I believe her name was Anna S, came and took my drink order and was back quickly to take my food order. I got the veggie omelet with home fries and a biscuit. Food came out shortly after ordering. Biscuit was good with the homemade jam. The home fries were fried perfectly too. I enjoyed my omelet but wished the veggies had been cooked just a little bit more. But it was stuffed full of them. Everything had a good flavor.

The only drawback for me was sitting at the counter. It's very tight seating with no hooks to hang your purse underneath. Made it very uncomfortable sitting there.

It was out of the way but worth the drive.

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed May 8, 2019

After a series of mediocre meals in Memphis, this was the highlight of the trip. They were able to accommodate the dietary and vegan request. The food was prepared with perfection. We loved our waiter, George. If you are in the Germantown area, definitely hit this place up.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed April 25, 2019

This place gets a lot of hype as the best breakfast in Memphis. Apparently Rachel Ray endorsed this restaurant. Frankly, I don't get it. Everything we ate was just average. In my opinion, the best breakfast in Memphis is Gibson's Donuts.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed April 18, 2019

I had heard many good things about this place and I was not disapointed. The service staff was prompt and seemed to enjoy what they do. The food was great and the portions were large. Great experience.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed April 16, 2019 via mobile

Best breakfast in all of tenessee. Everyone in the group said they cant believe how good it is. Always choose Junipers for breakfast.

Date of visit: April 2019

Been to Brother Juniper's? Share your experiences!