“One of the best breakfasts I have had”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Brother Juniper's

Brother Juniper's
Ranked #6 of 1,437 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: University Area Neighborhood Association
Description: Food, family and community best describe this hidden jewel in Memphis tucked away in the heart of the University area, and known as the best breakfast in Memphis. We have home-cooked meals with fresh ingredients, excellent service in a friendly casual atmosphere, and beautiful garden seating. Bread, biscuits and pastries are baked fresh from scratch every day.
Chicago, Illinois
“One of the best breakfasts I have had”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Brothers breakfast was simply outstanding. Located near University of Memphis, it is a generally simple, straight forward operation. An expansive breakfast menu with almost too much to choose from. Kids loved the french toast and the wife liked the Belgian waffle. I would highly recommend the "P-6" potato dish - a short of a skillet without the egg. It was incredible. Would love to go back. After the meal be sure to take a stroll around the UofM campus - for no other reason than to walk off the meal!

Tupelo, Mississippi
“Best breakfast ever!”
Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

We came here twice in one weekend! It was that good! The coffee was amazing! My wife said it was too strong. I had the gyro omelet & wife had French toast. We did not go away hungry.

Tennessee
“Delicious and large portions”
Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

I had been told to check out this place by a friend in Memphis. We visit Memphis every summer and are always looking to try something new. We had a short wait, as this establishment is very popular. The food was really good, we all had something different. Rachel Ray is even on the menu with the San Diegan open faced omelet. The add ins to the build your own omelet seemed a little pricey. Each meal comes with home fries (yummy) or cheese grits and biscuit or toast. The portions are huge, lots of to go boxes after we were stuffed full. The spreadable fruit (jams) are available for purchase. Be sure to note that a gratuity is automatically added to parties of 7 or more.

Medina, Tennessee
“Very good food with fresh ingredients and cheerful staff”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

We went to Brother Juniper's just after they opened today and were delighted with the experience. We only very rarely eat breakfast in Memphis, so I can't really comment too much on whether they live up to the "Best Breakfast in Memphis" title, but I can certainly see how they could be a contender. My wife and I both had omelets and they were very good, with plenty of goodies packed inside and fresh ingredients. They are 3-egg omelets and there are plenty of choices. Mine came with cheese grits which I was somewhat nonplussed about - my wife didn't like hers at all. With the addition of some Mango Scotch Pepper hot sauce that was on the table they livened up considerably and I ended up rather enjoying them. The biscuit that came with my omelet was very good and came with homemade jam. The restaurant was clean, with a very friendly and accommodating wait staff, contrary to some other reviews on here.

The prices were a little high for the omelets, but not outrageous. My daughter, however, ordered 2 pancakes, 2 scrambled eggs and a side order of bacon and we ended up paying over $11 for it. That seems pretty high to me for the mundane breakfast fare she ordered. So, beware of ordering combinations of items that are not a specific combo on the menu - it can add up fast! Aside from this one unwelcome surprise, however, we enjoyed ourselves and our meal.

My wife and I have lived in many places all over the country and I don't think we can say that this is one of the best breakfasts we've ever had, but it is definitely worth a trip.

Orlando, Florida
“Outstanding breakfast, outstanding owner”
Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

We visited Memphis for a long weekend and went for breakfast at Brother Juniper's because of the rave reviews on Trip Adviser. The accolades were well deserved. The omelets were fantastic and the potato dishes were the best we have ever had. All of the staff were friendly, knowledgable, and helpful. But the most amazing part was the owner. There was a terrible storm that day that dumped enough water to close I-40 and also flooded the restaurant. Instead of slapping up a sign that said "closed due to flooding", the owner came in and personally wet-vac'ed 6" of water from the flooding and opened for business as usual. Great food, great people, and an unparalleled commitment to service. This is now one of our favorite restaurants in America.

Been to Brother Juniper's? Share your experiences!