“great brunch place”

Cuisines: American, Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: University Area Neighborhood Association
Description: Food, family and community best describe this hidden jewel in Memphis tucked away in the heart of the University area, and known as the best breakfast in Memphis. We have home-cooked meals with fresh ingredients, excellent service in a friendly casual atmosphere, and beautiful garden seating. Bread, biscuits and pastries are baked fresh from scratch every day.
Reviewed October 23, 2013

went for brunch with the family. long wait on a saturday morning. staff friendly and courteous. food was great!! excellent latte. highly recommended if you are visiting memphis and have time at hand.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Brother Juniper's has the best specialty omelets & roasted potatoes. Large portions. Worth the wait!

Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

This is touted as best breakfast so we went prepared to wait- they told us 45 minutes but it was only 30. They they have a literal coffee bar to start the caffeine while you wait which was very cool. Server did not point out the special which was sausage waffles we saw later. My husband and I both got eggs which wasn't very imaginative (big menu) but fueling my decision was notes on the menu about getting their "delicious fruit spread" and bread on line. But we got smuckers jelly packs and the toast wasn't that special. Home fries were very good. His sunny side up eggs were perfect but my over easy eggs had very runny whites. Grits and biscuits sort of average too. Overall nice place but average.

2  Thank 24112QGal
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We arrived after church around 11:30 a.m. We were told that the wait would be about 45 mins to 1 hour. We were seated within an hour. Wonderful "happy" waitress! I had one of the specialty coffees. It was wonderful and served in a Brother Junipers mug. So cute. Hubby had regular coffee. He was pleased. We each had an omelette. Cooked to perfection. Loaded with ingredients! Being a "Girl Raised In The South" I know my GRITS. The cheese grits were delicious. I could have made a meal off of them. The portions were huge! We were very pleased with our meals. So glad we waited. Also bought 2 of the spreadable fruits for a take home souvenir!

Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

First I love the setting, so cute. I do wish there had been a sign about parking. No big deal, we parked across the lot but were concerned. The coffee was decent. Our waiter was amazing, very good with our kids. I had the potato dish p1 and it was so delicious I can't wait to try to recreate it. My husband had the Denver omelet and he said it was very fresh. The home fries on the side were fantastic. Kids had a waffle and loved it. The room we sat in was a little crowded and loud but everyone was happy to oblige our kids and were very friendly.

Been to Brother Juniper's? Share your experiences!