“Brother Juniper's ...I'll Try It Again...Just Not Pig's Feet” 3 of 5 bubbles

Brother Juniper's
Ranked #6 of 1,429 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: University Area Neighborhood Association
Description: Food, family and community best describe this hidden jewel in Memphis tucked away in the heart of the University area, and known as the best breakfast in Memphis. We have home-cooked meals with fresh ingredients, excellent service in a friendly casual atmosphere, and beautiful garden seating. Bread, biscuits and pastries are baked fresh from scratch every day.
Decatur, Alabama
“Brother Juniper's ...I'll Try It Again...Just Not Pig's Feet”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

My daughter, my son-in-law and I decided to try Brother Juniper's for brunch recently. It is located in an older house with a very inviting outdoor seating area complete with lots of greenery and flowers.

It was pretty crowded when we arrived and we were told it would be a 40 minute wait. However, to our delight, we only waited about 10 minutes. I ordered the yogurt with homemade granola and blueberries and added a raisin muffin, the bakery item for the day. The granola was on the bottom of the dish and was not quite as tasty as I hoped. I would advise putting some granola on the bottom and the remainder on the top. The raisin muffin, however, was delicious.

My son-in-law opted for the desperado open-faced omelet. I must admit, I like the concept of an open-faced omelet and it was presented beautifully. My daughter chose the Greek omelet. Both said that they were pleased with their choices and our service was very good.

Brother Juniper was an actual friar in the 13th century and was one of the original followers of Saint Francis of Assisi. He was most well known for cutting off the feet of a local farmer's pig so that he could feed them to a sick man who was craving them. The farmer was not too happy about it until he talked to Brother Juniper and the Brother was so enthusiastic in telling the story of helping the ill man that the farmer donated the pig to feed others. I didn't note any pig's feet on the menu.

I think I probably made a poor selection and would try this place again. However, I don't think I will order a pigs feet omelet.

“Amazing breakfast!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

This place is a hidden gem! The food was incredible. The servers were very nice and prompt with coffee refills. It doesn't look like much from the outside but inside was a pleasant surprise with a very "at home" feel. Highly recommend this place!

• Visited September 2013
Georgetown, Texas, United States
“Excellent food and service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

BrotherJuniper's was a must for us. The breakfast selection was absolutely phenominal! Had to wait about 45 minutes but it was so worth it. Put this on your list of places to eat.

E'prise
“Great breakfast. Great service. A bit of a wait on weekends but.... Wow!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Small throw back of a place. Nothing fancy or pretentious about it. Great menu with superior execution served quickly by a charming and friendly staff. I will go back.

Belleville, Illinois
“Best Breakfast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

Wonderful food and good service. We sat outside and enjoyed the beautiful flowers. Everyone was very friendly. Well worth the drive to go here.

Visited July 2013

Been to Brother Juniper's? Share your experiences!