“Really great breakfast”

Cuisines: American, Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: University Area Neighborhood Association
Description: Food, family and community best describe this hidden jewel in Memphis tucked away in the heart of the University area, and known as the best breakfast in Memphis. We have home-cooked meals with fresh ingredients, excellent service in a friendly casual atmosphere, and beautiful garden seating. Bread, biscuits and pastries are baked fresh from scratch every day.
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We saw some reviews that were not positive, long lines, slow service. NOT TRUE We had a great breakfast, served by a very pleasant and efficient waitress. Hint .. Cheese Grits the best ever. great bacon and all dishes very generous.

2  Thank oldtraveler1947
There are newer reviews for Brother Juniper's

Reviewed April 9, 2013

We went here on the recommendation of a friend who grew up in Memphis. We called ahead and got our name on the waiting list, but I'm not sure it helped much. They said it would be a ten-minute wait and it was closer to 25. No matter. The food was so good, we forgot all about the wait. I always have trouble ordering when we go out for breakfast. I don't really like eggs, so I usually end up with french toast or waffles. Brother Juniper's potato bowls are the answer! Chunky home fries come with a variety of toppings. I got the one with cheese, bacon, tomatoes, scallions, and sour cream. It was delicious! The biscuits tasted like my daughter's homemade ones. My husband enjoyed his omelet and his grits. This place is a real find! I'm only sorry that I didn't purchase any of their fruit spreads to go. They make no-sugar-added "jams" that are just wonderful. Service is friendly and quick. We had a much shorter wait for the food than we did for the table.

1  Thank JonesieLinthicum
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This place is worth the wait...excellent breakfast! you will not go away hungry. I recommend the Omelets...Ham & Cheese was delicious. Comes with grits or home fries and Biscuits or toast. Very friendly atmosphere.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

I’m not normally a breakfast person, but my dad is so three generations of us stopped for brunch at 10:00 on a Thursday. There was a 15 minute wait – but we had been warned it could be busy. They eventually found us a table for 5 in the back and it was perfect. The place is friendly and much bigger inside than it looks. Everyone liked their meal! From the veggie omelet to the Monte Cristo. The Monte Cristo was excellent – I’d never tried it with maple syrup, since I’m usually a jam fan. Even the oatmeal looked good. The grits were fun – but none of us grew up eating those. The breakfast potatoes were exceptional.

1  Thank AnnT-MN
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Waited for an hour and twenty minutes. Pleasantly surprised. This place is THAT good. Try the P6 and their Hot Chocolate.

Been to Brother Juniper's? Share your experiences!