“Best Ribs in Memphis”

Elwood's Shack
Ranked #4 of 57 Quick Bites in Memphis
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 25, 2018 via mobile

If you want real barbecue while in Memphis check this place out. Knocks spots off better known restaurants.
Park in Louws car park, it's over on the right

1  Thank Stephen C

Reviewed August 19, 2018

Had a little trouble locating it, so look for Lowe's and wander around the parking lot till you find Elwood's. Cheap eats cooked to perfection. Wonderful fish tacos. Quick, efficient service. Worth the drive. I wish I had one of these where I live.

2  Thank BobMyr
Reviewed August 15, 2018 via mobile

Total shack hole in the wall type of place, but WOW WHAT A GREAT PLACE! From hamburgers to hot dogs to tacos! Average prices across the menu. The service was quick as can be! Small but clean! Eat inside with big screen TVs or outside on a picnic table!

1  Thank Elaine R
Reviewed August 8, 2018 via mobile

First this place is small and in the middle of know where but boy oh boy is the food good. I had the half rack of barbecue ribs and they were the best I’d ever had. No wonder this place is rated top notch in Memphis. If I’m ever in the area I will definitely return.

2  Thank erichH6223EN
Reviewed August 8, 2018

My buddy and I split a full rack of ribs - dry - and they were very good. Meaty, good rub was applied as well.

The potato salad was very good, but the slaw is just OK. If I did this again, I'd try and substitude for the slaw. It wasn't bad, just not great.

This is maybe my 4th/5th trip in, and I've had nothing there which wasn't good.

I'll keep coming back......But get there early or late for lunch b/c the place only seats about 30.

Date of visit: August 2018

Been to Elwood's Shack? Share your experiences!