“What's Not To Like?”

Felicia Suzanne's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Felicia Suzanne's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #136 of 1,436 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown
Wilmington, North Carolina
“What's Not To Like?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

When my spouse reports that her salmon entrée was the best salmon she ever tasted and when my gulf tuna was the best tuna entrée I have ever had, I have to score this establishment with a five.

That's because the food trumps all. The service was OK, but really needs some improvement. Also, and this is a minor quibble, the rolls served looked, and tasted, like they came from the frozen food department of the supermarket. One would expect something more at superb restaurant like this.

• Visited February 2013

Northampton, England, United Kingdom
“Loud drunk Americans and a miserable maitre'd”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

I'd booked Felicia Suzanne's as part of the surprise 40th birthday break for my wife and her family as an escape from the rib & burger shacks and we were all looking forward to it.
We arrived and were greeted by the most sour faced maitre'd I've ever had the misfortune to meet, there was no offer to take our jackets and a grumpy 'follow me' was all it took to make me think this is going to be one of those nights.
Jerome our waiter was happy enough and the menu read well, not sure what the point of a 'middle' course is but there was beef carpaccio so why not?
We all ordered, myself & father-in-law had a starter, middle & main and everyone else had 2 courses in various formats.
All starters came on time and were delicious, then there was a gap, our plates were cleared eventually and all mains arrived.... Where's middle gone? Anyone seen middle? Was middle the muse bouche of broccoli soup (could've been Covent garden soup)? I didn't order a tiny soup, I ordered a plate of raw cow?!?
We said nothing, mainly because the table of ten Americans next to us were talking and drinking, and looked like they had been for some time....you know what's worse than a loud American? 10 loud drunk Americans...
Anyway, mains were lovely, steaks superb although cabbage cooked in Budweiser & brown sugar is an acquired taste.
Desserts were ordered by me and FiL and again they were excellent, so much so that sis's hubby had one too, after seeing ours!
The load Americans left, we enjoyed 5 minutes of peace, got the bill (that included the 2 mystical middles),this was quickly corrected and left, disgruntled by the whole experience, which for the money should have been faultless.
So Felicia Suzanne here's a couple of pointers;
A happy maitre'd makes for a happy restaurant
If people ask for a 'middle' it's probably because they want a 'middle'

Your food is good, but if I came back to Memphis, I'd stick with what it does best and tour the rib shacks & BBQ haunts instead.
Anyone thinks I've been unkind to Americans in this review should know this, another table of Americans asked to move away from the load Americans AND everyone I've met in Memphis, apart from the maitre'd have been nothing but lovely, kind and friendly....

Evans, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

We attended a wedding party at Felicia Suzanne's Restaurant. The facilities are wonderful, the service is impecable and the food is marvelous. This is a resturant to go to when in Memphis.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Alg507
Durham, NC
“Fantastic food. spotty service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

The food preparation was spot on and the creativity runs throughout the menu. The service was spotty as our waiter made excuses, forgot to provide silverware and generally provided service nowhere near par for this restaurant. The food will make us return but we will sit at the bar next time. We experience over five issues we would not expect at this caliber dining experience.

• Visited February 2013
“Southern Class and Excellent Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Fresh..That is what Felicia Suzannes is about. She uses local farmers for her produce and meat.
As a local I can appreciate that and as a cosumer I can attest to the qaulity of the food and the unquie but not over the top way she brings the best out in her menu. We have eaten at some of the best resturants all over the world. FS is one of if not our favorite. Try the chicken livers...I know what your thinking.."chicken livers..nasty"..oohh they are soooo good.(along with the rest of the menu)

MB