“This is a meat lovers paradise!”
Review of Texas de Brazil

Texas de Brazil
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 1,476 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: Brazilian, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Texas de Brazil is carving out a whole new experience in fine dining. The restaurant is an authentic Brazilian-American "Churrascaria" or steakhouse that combines the cuisines of Southern Brazil with the generous spirit of Texas.Treat yourself to our 50-60 item seasonal salad area including appetizers, gourmet vegetables, soups, and salads. Turn your place card to green and prepare to be swarmed by a troop of carvers generously serving various cuts of seasoned beef, lamb, pork, chicken and Brazilian sausage, all accompanied by traditional side items and house-baked Brazilian cheese bread. As you dine endlessly on Brazilian fare, let one of our in-house wine connoisseurs select the perfect pairing from our extensive, award-winning wine lists, or sip on a freshly-made signature cocktail-the Caipirinha. Complete your dining experience with one of our many decadent dessert selections, and then relax with an after-dinner drink, steaming espresso and enjoy the ambiance and service perfection that is uniquely Texas de Brazil.
Reviewed December 9, 2013

This is a lovely restaurant. The décor is beautiful and very well done. It is comfortable but not cozy. At least not where we were sitting. There appeared to be some private or more intimate seating upstairs, perhaps reserved for large parties. But downstairs, the high ceilings make it feel a bit less intimate, but still pleasant.
The center of the restaurant contains what is called a salad bar, but really it should be called a vegetable and "everything else" buffet. From greens to soups, a variety of cheeses and breads... this was an amazing presentation that was pleasant both on the eyes and the palate. But be careful not to fill up here because the real treat is yet to come.
While you are seated, waitstaff come to your table one by one with up to thirty different meats for you to try.... lamb, beef, chicken, pork .. all cooked differently. I could only try about 5 different ones and each was just as good as the last.
I could not make it to dessert, but the cooked banana side dish that is served on the table is just delicious and makes a nice, light and sweet taste after all that meat. And I generally don't eat bananas... so it had to be good.
The waitstaff was wonderful and everything was perfect.
I do think it's a bit pricey at $50 a person (not including drinks... which by the way are phenomenal....try something new... you can't go wrong!) but it was a lovely night out!
If you are in Memphis, you should put this on your list of "musts".

There are newer reviews for Texas de Brazil

Reviewed November 23, 2013

If you are a meat lover served with style and flare,this is your place. No doubt the quality is great not only in Memphis,but everywhere.
With tip and no wine it will come to about $100 per couple. It's kinda like an annual event for us. HOWEVER ,you can register for your birthdays and wedding anniversaries and get about 50% off.The voucher comes by your email.
As a side-bar the salad bar is great--that's cause they hope you'll fill up on lobster bisque,etc.

Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

We had heard great things about this restaurant, so our expectations were high. The food was good, but in my opinion not worth the price. The salad bar was a little bit disappointing to me, for it to be so expensive I was expecting more variety or toppings to put on my salad. Dressings were delicious, but the rice and potato salad were really plain. It would be nice if they had different kinds of soup to choose from, as well as more vegetables. Aside from the salad bar they give you mashed potatoes, fried bananas, and cheese bread.. All those were great. The atmosphere is good, and it was a fun experience..Service was great, kept our glasses full the whole time.. But! I don't think we would be back because of how costly it is, for 2 people be prepared to pay a little over 100 plus tips, drinks are expensive so if you are trying to save money either don't go there or get water :)

Reviewed November 20, 2013

When traveling on business but too tired to eat out, Texas De Brazil will grill lamb chops to go. Medium rare, great char, perfectly seasoned and sold by the pound....perfect!

1  Thank BigBake
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I took my fiance and a few friends to Memphis for a concert and to celebrate these past 8 years with my fiance. We had reservations all over town so I could surprise her, and while walking to Beale Street, we noticed this restaurant. It was pretty high-end, and we were very enticed from the smell coming from the entrance! They have a wonderful salad bar, incredible meat, and some of the best, most intimate servers you could ever have the pleasure of experiencing. We were in and out in about an hour and a half, and we weren't waiting on anything the entire time. I can't wait to experience this again!

1  Thank Neil H

Been to Texas de Brazil? Share your experiences!