“Good food”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Texas de Brazil

Texas de Brazil
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 1,437 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Brazilian, South American
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Texas de Brazil is carving out a whole new experience in fine dining. The restaurant is an authentic Brazilian-American "Churrascaria" or steakhouse that combines the cuisines of Southern Brazil with the generous spirit of Texas.Treat yourself to our 50-60 item seasonal salad area including appetizers, gourmet vegetables, soups, and salads. Turn your place card to green and prepare to be swarmed by a troop of carvers generously serving various cuts of seasoned beef, lamb, pork, chicken and Brazilian sausage, all accompanied by traditional side items and house-baked Brazilian cheese bread. As you dine endlessly on Brazilian fare, let one of our in-house wine connoisseurs select the perfect pairing from our extensive, award-winning wine lists, or sip on a freshly-made signature cocktail-the Caipirinha. Complete your dining experience with one of our many decadent dessert selections, and then relax with an after-dinner drink, steaming espresso and enjoy the ambiance and service perfection that is uniquely Texas de Brazil.
Bogue Chitto, MS
“Good food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

We have visited several Texas de Brazil restaurants in other locations and were a little disappointed in the service here. Very slow in coming around with meats. Very noisy inside restaurant making conversation very difficult.

Visited August 2013

• Turkish first
“Great food, such a shame about the experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

First thing to say is that the food at this place was excellent. Extensive salad selection which would put many other restaurants to shame, beautifully cooked meat, great wine etc etc. BUT, why weren't we told when we walked in that the restaurant would be closing in 30 minutes???? My friend and I didn't realise this until we were continually asked for more meat (the red, green system was obviously not working at this point!) did we require anything from the the cold selection, etc etc while we were only getting started!

The various salads began to disappear before our very eyes, we were asked if we would be wanting desserts while we were still eating our meat etc.

Our waiter was very embarrassed about what was happening around us - but Sunday night is early closing - 9.00pm! We had purchased, 2 beers a good bottle of wine and we were being charged approx 150 dollars! By 9.15 we were the only 2 people there.

We asked to speak to the manager and explained our problem - food great, waiter good, eating experience - terrible! She was not particularly sympathetic to our concerns and asked us to suggest what we wanted as compensation - at this point all I wanted was an acknowledgement that we had not been told that the place would be closing as soon as we were to be seated and that waiters would start putting things away soon. I told her that I even had to ask for mint sauce for my lamb as it had gone! I don't expect to have to chase staff around to get the dishes I need to finish eating! It's not the experience I was expecting!

Eventually (as I guess she also wanted to go home), she offered a discount - I think it was the price of the wine - off my bill. Still a 100 dollar dinner.

Shame!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank ridler36man
Many, Louisiana
“First Time at Texas de Brazil”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

My wife and I had our first experience at this great restaurant on July 17, 2013. The salad bar was fantastic, but then came the gauchos with the meat. Each type was tender and tasty. Beef, chicken and pork was mouth watering. Just a helpful hint for anyone not familiar with this style restaurant. If you like your beef medium to rare, the first skewers will be to your liking. If not, wait just a little while and the medium to well done cuts will be presented. The service was outstanding, especially our waitress Alex ( Alexandra ). She was so helpful and always keeping a check on our experience. She recommended we complete our meal with a wonderful dessert drink called " The Perfect Finish". It was exactly that. You owe it to yourself to stop in and treat yourself to some fine eating and top notch service.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Karl W
Memphis, Tennessee
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

Texas de Brazil is a fantastic Brazilian steak house. There is a large variety of meats, vegetables, and cheeses with great service.

• Visited April 2013
Columbia, South Carolina
“Unbelievable Salad Bar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

I've eaten at several Brazilian style steak houses around the country in the past several years, so when our group decided they wanted to try this one, I was all for it. I decided to just get the salad bar, which turned out to be an excellent idea. The large variety of ingredients, as well as the quality and freshness was about as good as it gets. Sushi, smoked salmon, shrimp, varieties of cheeses, mushrooms and Prosciutto were first class and delicious. Several of the rest of our party got the meat as well and they all enjoyed it.

• Visited June 2013