“Delicious” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cafe Society

Cafe Society
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Society is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #126 of 1,429 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: American, International, European, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Poplar Avenue
memphis
“Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

The food from salad to entree was delicious. Our group of four had fish and vegetarian tortilla espanola. All were fresh, hot, and cooked to perfections. The salads were fresh and the service was excellent.

• Visited November 2011
2 Thank caoh

Memphis TN
“Excellent everything”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

This is our favorite restaurant. The food is incredible, the prices are oh-so-reasonable - .*you get main course, salad, and 1 or 2 sides for about 23.00 depending on the entree), and service is impeccable.

Don't miss the creme brulee ... in fact all of the desserts are outstanding.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank SuziandFrank
Detroit, Michigan
“Quiet Evening Out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2011

My family has enjoyed Cafe Society several times over the past couple of years. The food is consistently well prepared. The wine and beer selection is very good. The prices are in line with a nice restaurant.

• Visited September 2011
2 Thank christyristy
Memphis, Tennessee
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food, worst service ever experienced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2010

Our first experience at this restaurant was mixed. The food was very good, but our waiter was one of the worst I ever had. I would say I would go again for the food but I would think hard about it because of the service. The waiter never greeted us, I had to go to the back to find him to get our drink order, about 10 min after being seated. He never thanked us for coming to the restaurant. I cannot say enough bad about his attitude and service.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank CardsfaninMem
Harrison, Arkansas
“not worth it”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2009

Cafe Society is not too far from our neighborhood, so I really wanted to like it and support it. We went for an anniversary or birthday, and were incredibly disappointed. I had duck, and it was ok, but nothing special. My husband had the tiniest $40 steak I've ever seen! Again, it was edible, but that's about it.
Maybe other diners are starting to figure this out as well....we went on a Friday night at 7pm, and were the ONLY ones in the restaurant. If you want a great steak for a decent price, head to Firebird's. They are superior in every way!

**I will say, it was a nice atmosphere. Still, I'm paying for food, not candles!

• 1 of 5 bubbles