“Very good bbq”

Showboat Barbecue
Ranked #363 of 1,506 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

I always get my moneys worth here.
The bbq plates are great so is the bbq chicken plate.
Worth the money

Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

I have been going to Showboat for years. The neighborhood is not great, and the place is very basic. But all the food is great..BBQ, chicken, ribs, etc..you won't leave hungry!!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We were looking for some "typical" Memphis BBQ and by accident, ended up here. I am glad we did. We had their pork ribs, slaw and baked beans. I am telling you, the ribs were fantastic (wet BBQ), but almost as memorable is the coleslaw. I have never had it with hard-boiled egg and pickles in it. It was very good! The beans were a bit too sugary for me, but others loved them.
I was very pleased we stumbled upon this find and I could satisfy my BBQ craving!

Reviewed July 10, 2012

Been going here for years. Their BBQ is always great and they really load your plates. I always have to take some home.

Reviewed May 18, 2010

Went to Showboats for lunch today. I ordered the Jumbo Cheeseburger. What I received was a jumbo bun with a patty that was the size of a Mcdonald's hamburger patty. I asked if it was a jumbo size and the lady that cooked it said yes with a smirk on her face. I was dissatisfied and nothing was done. I went as far as saying that you ripped me off. Nothing was said. Just another smirk. Don't eat here !!!! I've been in the restaurant bizz for 17 years and never treated a guest in this manner. Don't eat here!!!!

4  Thank tke333

Been to Showboat Barbecue? Share your experiences!