“Eat out on the patio!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ciao Bella Italian and Greek Restaurant
Ranked #208 of 1,429 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: Italian, Greek
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
“Eat out on the patio!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

You don't even have to have a good imagination to feel like you're dining al fresco in a quaint Italian village. If I could get my backyard patio to look like this, I'd be a happy camper.

The food didn't disappoint either. I ordered a half portion of the seafood caneloni. It was exquisite, but be aware the half portion was pretty small, and I don't know if the full portion would have filled me up if I had been really hungry.

My husband enjoyed the picante pizza he ordered, which was a spicy sausage pie with red onions. The meals also came with a salad, which was delicious. The place had a great selection of wine and beer.

The service wasn't bad, but our server didn't even offer to bring us another round before bringing us our check.

Overall, definintely worth a visit.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Memphis, Tennessee
“Great Fresh Ingredients and Menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

The menu has some great things on it - their caesar salad, bbq chicken pizza, and veal cannelloni are all to die for - but it honestly used to be better in its old location. I would still recommend it as one of the best italian restaurants in memphis. Their dipping olive oil sauce is fantastic. Just prepare for a wait because it is very popular.

Memphis, Tennessee
“Very Good! Love the patio!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2012

We had a party of 4 & everyone ordered something different. We had toasted raviolis for an appetizer, very good! They also bring you big baskets of bread along with olive oil for dipping. We had Kobe beef gnocchi, pasta like potatoes with beef, which was very good. Lasagna was o.k., rather a disappointment. Pizza, excellent. Spanakopita, greek spinach pie, that was out of this world!! It is the best I have ever had!! The pastry part was very light and not thick! It has an excellent flavor! Also tried the Penne Pesto. It was good, but, not the best I've ever had. Overall we had a very nice meal and the service was very attentive. Next time, I'll just order the Spanakopita! :))

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank Debi M
Brentwood, Tennessee
“Perfect evening- great food with great friends!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2012

Saturday night I had a delicious wood-fired pizza Margherita paired with a robust Pinot Noir. I've eaten at caio Bella several times, and it is consistently good. They offer the traditional Italian dishes as well as a few Greek dishes. Portions are large and made with fresh ingredients. They are a family-friendly, non-smoking restaurant located in East Memphis, where Lulu Grill used to be. There is an intimate bar area with a nice wine selection. There is also a separate party/dining area with its own bar. We were a party of 6 at 7pm, and the service was great- especially for a busy Saturday night during teh tennis tournament at the Racquet Club nearby. You do need a reservation on the weekend. Friendly atmosphere- I always see people I know! A local favorite.

• Visited February 2012
“We enjoyed our meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2012

Ciao Bella is a nice, Italian restaurant. The food is traditional Italian. The servings are more than adequate, and the prices are reasonable.

Visited December 2011