“Interesting fried chicken flavors”

UNCLE Lou's Fried Chicken
Order Online
Ranked #6 of 57 Quick Bites in Memphis
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Neighborhood: McKellar - Whitehaven-Levi PD
Reviewed March 18, 2019 via mobile

It's a different take on fried chicken with a hot, spicy and sweet sauce covering it. Very flavorful. The corn nuggets and biscuit were good too. Desserts were average. Small seating area inside but most folks get it to go. Don't let the sketchy appearance fool you, it's worth the stop.

Date of visit: March 2019

Reviewed March 16, 2019

5 stars for food, 3 for atmosphere. If you visit Graceland, the shops and surrounding area are quite run down and we didn't see many options to eat.
Good thing is we stopped at Uncle Lou's about a mile away in a strip mall.
The fried chicken wings were addictive - each one tasted better than the next and made me crave for more. Both sauces "Sweet Spicy Love" mild & hot were great. I would have bought bottles to take home, but didnt want to check my luggage in. Regretting that decision now.
The coleslaw, potato salad, and onion rings were good side choices.
The service was nice and didn't have to wait too long for fresh cooking.
Inside is very casual - nothing fancy, but definitely worth stopping.

Reviewed March 9, 2019 via mobile

Was ok, food network accreditation must have been from long long ago, staff were friendly but busy visiting those in and out. Sorry but needs a good cleaning.

Reviewed February 18, 2019

Best food, best atmosphere, best staff this place was AWESOME! We had Lou's while visiting from Tampa Florida and his chicken was hands down the best we have ever had, EVER! I am ordering some of his Corruption seasoning and Sweet Spicy Love sauce I guess with us being in Tampa this is the best we can do for now. Seriously if you are in Memphis Lou's is an absolute must! Only about .7 miles from The Guesthouse at Graceland and it would be a crime to be that close and not eat at Lou's.

Reviewed January 29, 2019 via mobile

First off, the place is absolutely filthy, including the kitchen which you can partially see. The chicken was dry. The outer skin was somewhat chewy. I got the mild sauce, but it was anything but mild. Tasted like it was 90%Tabasco Sauce and a little cayenne pepper. I would not recommend nor return. I heard it was as good as Gus’s. It certainly isn’t even in the league.

Date of visit: January 2019
1  Thank my10n1

Been to UNCLE Lou's Fried Chicken? Share your experiences!