“Ok”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Neighborhood: McKellar - Whitehaven-Levi PD
Reviewed March 9, 2019 via mobile

Was ok, food network accreditation must have been from long long ago, staff were friendly but busy visiting those in and out. Sorry but needs a good cleaning.

Date of visit: February 2019

Reviewed February 18, 2019

Best food, best atmosphere, best staff this place was AWESOME! We had Lou's while visiting from Tampa Florida and his chicken was hands down the best we have ever had, EVER! I am ordering some of his Corruption seasoning and Sweet Spicy Love sauce I guess with us being in Tampa this is the best we can do for now. Seriously if you are in Memphis Lou's is an absolute must! Only about .7 miles from The Guesthouse at Graceland and it would be a crime to be that close and not eat at Lou's.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed January 29, 2019 via mobile

First off, the place is absolutely filthy, including the kitchen which you can partially see. The chicken was dry. The outer skin was somewhat chewy. I got the mild sauce, but it was anything but mild. Tasted like it was 90%Tabasco Sauce and a little cayenne pepper. I would not recommend nor return. I heard it was as good as Gus’s. It certainly isn’t even in the league.

Date of visit: January 2019
1  Thank my10n1
Reviewed January 16, 2019

Very disappointing for a Triple D place. The chicken was dry and overcooked and apparently, we don't like the Memphis frying style. No breading just a seasoned skin. Biscuits were dense and seemed previously frozen. Not a return location. Most disappointing was how spicy the Home Style was. My wife wasn't able to eat it. And most upsetting was a cook passed me on my way in and when he returned 10 minutes later he reeked of marijuana, went back into the kitchen and nothing seemed amiss to the staff. Bad experience for our first night in Memphis.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed January 6, 2019

We looked this up based on proximity to Graceland, and it was the best fried chicken on our vacation. The tenders were huge and the hot sauce was delicious. The sides were equally amazing; my boys couldn't stop eating the corn nuggets and honey biscuits. I usually don't like sliced fried pickles, but theirs converted me because the light batter was perfect. We had great service too, they split the amount of heat per chicken piece upon request which was fantastic. Highly recommend.

Date of visit: December 2018

Been to UNCLE Lou's Fried Chicken? Share your experiences!